Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals.

Just popped in to say hi.

I'v been on the fence with buying this 06 sonata I found.

Has 160k. Cosmetically good. Only thing I can see with a brief overview is it pulls slightly to the right and the alternator looked to be covered with oil or grease.

Asking price is $5000.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey guys/gals.

Just popped in to say hi.

I'v been on the fence with buying this 06 sonata I found.

Has 160k. Cosmetically good. Only thing I can see with a brief overview is it pulls slightly to the right and the alternator looked to be covered with oil or grease.

Asking price is $5000.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
:00000732:
Wow, thats a good price.

The oil leak is "normal" as it happens to a lot of owners. Can be fixed by installing a new valve cover gasket and using the updated grey silicone to seal it... there is a thread somewhere here talking about it.

Pulling could mean it needs an alignment. Mine pulls very slightly to the left. There are quite a few complaints about the slightly off center issue. So it could be "normal". On certain roads its more noticeable.

A few other things. If you do get it, I'd change the transmission fluid to something aftermarket (Castrol Transmax Import Multi-vehicle) and the spark plugs too.

FYI: This probably would have gotten more traction in the NF area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:00000732:
Wow, thats a good price.

The oil leak is "normal" as it happens to a lot of owners. Can be fixed by installing a new valve cover gasket and using the updated grey silicone to seal it... there is a thread somewhere here talking about it.

Pulling could mean it needs an alignment. Mine pulls very slightly to the left. There are quite a few complaints about the slightly off center issue. So it could be "normal". On certain roads its more noticeable.

A few other things. If you do get it, I'd change the transmission fluid to something aftermarket (Castrol Transmax Import Multi-vehicle) and the spark plugs too.

FYI: This probably would have gotten more traction in the NF area.
Thanks I thought about the post in the NF section but I wanted to say hi too. :) I will do a copy paste.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts