Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from wet and cold Dublin.
I want to buy a Hyundai Coupé but the cost in Ireland is outrageous e.g new 1.6L for sale @ €26K. Even if I import from abroad, I'm faced with a 25% vehicle registration tax on the Irish price i.e. €6K plus tax for a car I may import. Does anybody know of any source within the EU (Apart from UK) where I could buy a new/nearly new Coupé and save money. Or is anybody aware of any method/arrangement around this punitive Irish regime? :angry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Greetings from the REAL Capital of Ireland (cork!!!!). The price of Coupes here is mental (the hold their value so well!) I imported mine from the UK and saved about 5k. It is a 2004 1.6 model with options including a full black leather interior an Sony 10disc cd changer. The only thing i wash though is it had a sunroof like Irish spec Coupes but i have A/C instead.After buying the car in Englad i would never buy a car here again, it is just too much money.Dont know if there is another way to import a car without paying the tax unless you actually move from that country. Nowhere else really in Europe had right hand drive but if want to be extreme Australia and New Zealand are RHD and read in kph.Extreme but its an option.Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts