Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Hyundai owners.
My name's Carsten, and I live in Perth, Australia and I own a Hyundai Accent 2000 Hatch. Just saying hi and hope to enjoy this forum for discussions and ideas and help.

One question I do have is with the rear speakers on my car.
I have tried to get the covers off, without success. It seems the 2 screws keep turning without raising out. I dont really want to force the cover off, but am unsure how to go about getting the cover off.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by numloxx
One question I do have is with the rear speakers on my car.
I have tried to get the covers off, without success. It seems the 2 screws keep turning without raising out. I dont really want to force the cover off, but am unsure how to go about getting the cover off.

Any help would be great.
[snapback]986[/snapback]​

Hey Carsten! I'm Rhian From Canberra... i haven't really done much with back speakers... although i'll have a look for ya and get back to you... they mayt be lock screws that can't be unscrewed once they're in place... if so you'll need to take them to repco or hyundai dealer or something and get the right screw driver to take them out...

Talk soon!

·
Registered
422 Posts
The rear speaker cover screws can be taken out, they are just a normal screw.
What i would suggest that you do is to carefully lever the trim upwards whilst you undo the screws. This should work, I have had to do it plety of times.
Remember the rear speakers are not huge, so don't go getting your hopes up of being able to stuff 6 by 9's in there. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts