Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello everyone! Just bought a Tucson. Ordered it from the fcatory to get the colours i wanted (can't wait!!!). Bought the 6 cylinder with AWD and leather seats. Hope it is a good purchase!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Welcome :) and congratulation on your new Hyundai Tucson.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Powman@Nov 25 2004, 05:59 PM
:) Hello everyone!  Just bought a Tucson.  Ordered it from the fcatory to get the colours i wanted (can't wait!!!).  Bought the 6 cylinder with AWD and leather seats.  Hope it is a good purchase!
[snapback]3054[/snapback]​

Hello Powman and congratulations my fello canuck
I think you are going to be really happy with your new ride; I got mine on the 27th of november and I am impressed every day I drive it..making excuses to go drive it somewhere, anywhere!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Powman@Nov 25 2004, 05:59 PM
:) Hello everyone!  Just bought a Tucson.  Ordered it from the fcatory to get the colours i wanted (can't wait!!!).  Bought the 6 cylinder with AWD and leather seats.  Hope it is a good purchase!
[snapback]3054[/snapback]​

Hey Powman, where in western Quebec? I'm from Aylmer. Bought my Tucson from Hull Hyundai - top notch sales experience from start to finish - dealt with the manager directly, honest, open, a good guy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Laspalmas@Dec 9 2004, 02:15 PM
Hey Powman, where in western Quebec? I'm from Aylmer. Bought my Tucson from Hull Hyundai - top notch sales experience from start to finish - dealt with the manager directly, honest, open, a good guy.
[snapback]3473[/snapback]​

Bonjour Laspalmas. I am in Oakville. Dealership was great. I am told that I will be getting my Tucson next week!! By the way, did you know that Tucson won the award for best crossover vehicle in Canada? See article below:

"Toronto, Ontario - Twelve 2005 Canadian Car of the Year Award category winners were announced by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) during a press conference at the Holiday Inn Select Airport in Toronto on Tuesday.

The 2005 category winners are:

Best New Economy Car: Kia Spectra Sedan LX
Best New Family Car: Mazda6 Sport
Best New Luxury Car: Chrysler 300 C
Best New Sport Utility Vehicle: BMW X3 3.0i
Best New Crossover: Hyundai Tucson
Best New Sport Compact: Volvo S40
Best New Sports / Performance Car: Ford Mustang
Best New Minivan: Honda Odyssey
Best New Station Wagon: Mazda6 Sport Wagon
Best New Pick-up: Toyota Tacoma
Best New Convertible: Mercedes-Benz SLK 350
Best New Alternative Power: Honda Accord Hybrid
This year's category winners represent the best among a group of new cars and trucks for 2005, as selected by a professional group of automotive experts who test drive, and report on, new vehicles in various media.
Every year, this group of automotive experts, meet at Shannonville Motorsport Park near Belleville, Ontario, for a four-day automotive "TestFest" based on "real-world" back-to-back testing to select the best new vehicles in various categories as well as an overall Car of the Year and Truck of the Year. "A record number of 64 vehicle entries were performance-tested for acceleration, braking and passing times, at least four times each. In addition, journalists were running an average of 10 driving loops a day during team and individual testing over the 4 day period," said Car of the Year Director Laurance Yap.

The awards program also includes a "Best New Technology" award and the "Best New Design" award.

The overall Canadian Car and Truck of the Year will be announced on February 16th, 2005 in conjunction with the official opening of the 2005 Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, Ontario. The Best New Design and Best New Technology winners will also be declared at that time.

To obtain a copy of the comparative test and performance data as well as the actual "Best New" vote results, visit www.ajac.ca. "

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Powman@Dec 11 2004, 06:19 AM
Bonjour Laspalmas.  I am in Oakville.  Dealership was great.  I am told that I will be getting my Tucson next week!!  By the way, did you know that Tucson won the award for best crossover vehicle in Canada?  See article below:

"Toronto, Ontario - Twelve 2005 Canadian Car of the Year Award category winners were announced by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) during a press conference at the Holiday Inn Select Airport in Toronto on Tuesday.

The 2005 category winners are:

Best New Economy Car: Kia Spectra Sedan LX
Best New Family Car: Mazda6 Sport
Best New Luxury Car: Chrysler 300 C
Best New Sport Utility Vehicle: BMW X3 3.0i
Best New Crossover: Hyundai Tucson
Best New Sport Compact: Volvo S40
Best New Sports / Performance Car: Ford Mustang
Best New Minivan: Honda Odyssey
Best New Station Wagon: Mazda6 Sport Wagon
Best New Pick-up: Toyota Tacoma
Best New Convertible: Mercedes-Benz SLK 350
Best New Alternative Power: Honda Accord Hybrid
This year's category winners represent the best among a group of new cars and trucks for 2005, as selected by a professional group of automotive experts who test drive, and report on, new vehicles in various media.
Every year, this group of automotive experts, meet at Shannonville Motorsport Park near Belleville, Ontario, for a four-day automotive "TestFest" based on "real-world" back-to-back testing to select the best new vehicles in various categories as well as an overall Car of the Year and Truck of the Year. "A record number of 64 vehicle entries were performance-tested for acceleration, braking and passing times, at least four times each. In addition, journalists were running an average of 10 driving loops a day during team and individual testing over the 4 day period," said Car of the Year Director Laurance Yap.

The awards program also includes a "Best New Technology" award and the "Best New Design" award.

The overall Canadian Car and Truck of the Year will be announced on February 16th, 2005 in conjunction with the official opening of the 2005 Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, Ontario. The Best New Design and Best New Technology winners will also be declared at that time.

To obtain a copy of the comparative test and performance data as well as the actual "Best New" vote results, visit www.ajac.ca. "
[snapback]3546[/snapback]​

Oh yeah, I knew before the manager of the Hyundai Dealership even knew!
It's great to get this validation after plunking down your hard-earned cash, but I knew it was an exceptional vehicle before I bought it - I did over a month's research on SUV's, tried them all, and the Tucson blew them all away at thousands less! Many of my friends are shaking their heads in disbelief as they spent 30 to 45K on their vehicles and they got less quality/features.

I spoke with a representative at AJAC and they told me that the "World of Wheels 2005 Car Catalogue" feturing the AJAC winners should be in stores early February: can't wait to read the stuff they are going to say about why they picked the Tucson to lead the pack!

As the old Knight said in the Indiana Jones Last Crusade movie "You chose wisely"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice color! What version you have? 2wd, 4wd? It hasnt slowed really in the DC area....so how well did the Tuscon respond in the snow?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 4WD. The snow we just received was really bad, not because of the depth, but because it first snowed, then followed by freezing rain. Then it got really cold again and frooze solid. The car responded quite well. I hit the 4WD lock button, and off I went. Never got stuck, even though our street has not been plowed yet. I did notice a little side slipping a few times. This is due to the all season tires. I am a firm believer in winter tires especially for driving in icy conditions. I have already ordered some Blizzacks and am having them installed next week.

Merry Christmas!!!! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Powman,

We talked on the other group, just thought I would say hi over here.

I am back in London now, but I was up in Ottawa for two weeks for a course. I took a drive through Quebec last weekend ... just went around Gatineau. Didn't see your Tucson on the road - I was actually kind of looking to spot a gold Tucson just in case !

In fact, I don't think any of you really have Tucson's - I am the only one! I have not seen one other Tucson on the road in London, on my way to or back from Ottawa, or in Ottawa. Where are all you guys! :blink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at buying a new Tuscon this fall. I love your color and trim combination but I have not seen the body color and trim color combination in the US catalogs or on the lots. Do you know if it is offered in the States?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Powman,

I'm in B.C., Canada. Just wondering how long you had to actually wait for your Tucson to get to you from the factory. I also ordered one from the factory and was told I had to wait 14 to 20 business days. 1 month!!! Lame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. :grin:

I am thinking of buying the Tucson. I'm doing a lot of reading on it, and so for I've read nothing but good reviews about it.

Up here in Montreal, Quebec, the winters can get pretty bad, and I'm wondering if anyone who has already purchased a Tucson is happy of the way it handles in the snow??

I really look at detail, and overall quality before I make a purchase. I recently have an Honda Accord and can't really ask for a better built car-excellent, but I'm looking to buy a mid size suv, and I don't really like the CRV.

I think the Tucson has a really nice look to it, but I'm just sceptical about the quality??

Can any Tucson lover convience me that this suv is a good choice!

Thanks in advance for all you info. and help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Luciano,

I have no problems in the snow with my 3 1/2 week old FWD Tucson with 4 season tires.

I live in Montreal, Quebec. I don't have to tell you how to drive in winter since you live here. You don't go crazy just because you're driving an AWD, or a 4WD.

As for quality ( trim, finishing, plastic) the Japenese are still ahead of Hyundai.

The ride of the Tucson feels very solid. Compare to the (new) 1997 AWD Rav4 I owned before, the Tucson is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there
Here in Northern BC I am on my 2 nd (yes) Tucson in about 6 weeks.
If anyone would like to find out why.Post a reply.

Rusty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mean you have bought 2 Tuc or the 1st one was crap?

I am also in BC and have been waiting for about 1 month now. How long did yours take to get here?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Rusty, we like to hear your story.....I am from Toronto, quite a number of Tucson sitting in my dealership parking lot. As long as you bring the cash, drive one right away...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rusty,

Come on then, whats the story?

By the way I have just returned back to England from 1 week ski-ing holiday in Lavigno in Italy (I flew, didn't drive :( ), and while there I saw for the first time another "real-life" Tucson, ie. owned, not on a dealership forecourt. In Lavigno there is plenty of snow, very cold/icy -15C, so I wondered how it fared there, whoever that might have been (if you happen to be reading this) ??

Of course bear in mind us British know nothing about what a real winter is like!
Just 1 inch of snow brings us grinding to a halt :wink2:

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Luciano@Feb 19 2005, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone. :grin:

Can any Tucson lover convience me that this suv is a good choice!

Thanks in advance for all you info. and help.
[snapback]7296[/snapback]​

We leased a new red Tucson GL V6 AWD for my wife on February 14 2005 from West Ottawa Hyundai (ordered February 5, 2005). We selected the Tucson after comparing with Nissan X-Track, Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Toyota Rav4, and Toyota Matrix AWD. Nissan X-Track didn't drive as well as Tucson and it felt less refined; didn't like the look of or size of CRV; the Escape felt very truck-like; found the Matrix to be under-powered; I liked the Rav4 but the kids found it really tight in the back.

I've driven various Toyotas for the past 18 years (2 Camry's, 1 Sienna, 1 Cressida, 1 Corolla and still have an Echo); the Tucson feels very Toyota-like in terms of interior looks and driveability. After comparing with my last three Toyotas, the fit-and-finish of the Tucson is superior (my last 3 Toyotas have all had fit-and-finish problems but have always been very reliable) and I hope the Tucson will match Toyota in terms of reliability; if the JD Power initial quality reports are any indicator it looks like it might be.

After almost 2 weeks of ownership and driving it after two minor snowfalls (only about 10cm) we are convinced that we've made an excellent choice. I have no hesitation in recommending the Hyundai Tucson.

Attached is a photo of our Tucson (it's really my wife's and she loves it, I have to think very hard to come up with excuses to convince her to let me drive it; it drives very well and feels very solid on the road, visibility is excellent and it's a real pleasure to drive). For more photos, see http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGu...ssword=40757915 :57:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts