Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member having a serious issue with my 2012 Sonata. The Ham fisted auro mechanic that over tightened 4 lug nuts on the drivers side front. Have not found a way to replace the studs with out pulling the whole hub out. This is killing me. Any help would be great.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
New member having a serious issue with my 2012 Sonata. The Ham fisted auro mechanic that over tightened 4 lug nuts on the drivers side front. Have not found a way to replace the studs with out pulling the whole hub out. This is killing me. Any help would be great.
Hi there,00000732

Best practices for requesting help:

Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
vin number can be very helpful.
Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
Describe the problem the best you can.
Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

There's no room to remove the studs without pulling the hub.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Let me add this....I don't know if this will work for your situation but....I've been able to loosen the bolts without removing the axle (have to take the axle nut off) enough to push the stud out and pull the new stud in with the impact. If you have the room you may be OK with that.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum

This how one person did it.
Hope it helps

Personally, I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Welcome to the forum

This how one person did it.
Hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZGl-iU-ms

Personally, I don't recommend it.
ACURA is not a YF Sonata... no comparison.

Major chop on YF Sonata,, my people seem to think 30 minutes is fair price for wheel studs,, they too cheap to sell hub and bearing replace.. Best way to install stud is with press (providing hub already out of bearing

Some of ours I have cut a "U" slot in the knuckle for head to pass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts