Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

so i noticed one day it took a bit to start my car but when it did it ran fine (except my rocker arms clacking which im going to swap my engine soon). i stayed at a hotel and the next morning it wouldn't start at all. i gave it like 10min after attempting a few times, then it started up like nothing. so i drove it home. on idle the rpm was pulsing (500-750) i was able to get it to 75-80mph but it was lagging a bit. i was thinking ok for sure its just the gas pump. After i parked it for the day it wouldn't start. so i replaced the pump. Still wont start easily. Got it to start again, rough idle and when i put it on Drive, it stalls. Haven't been able to start it since. took out the plugs and it has carbon build up and there's gas on them.
would love to fix this issue before i swap the engine.

thank you.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Take it to the nearest large Hyundai dealer and you may end-up with a replacement engine under the class action settlement. Including a free loaner...worth the effort!

Reactions: ciroaliz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it to the nearest large Hyundai dealer and you may end-up with a replacement engine under the class action settlement. Including a free loaner...worth the effort!
Thank you for the quick reply, ima do exactly that! thought since i had over 100k on it they probably wouldn't consider it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply, ima do exactly that! thought since i had over 100k on it they probably wouldn't consider it.
They do, my wifes 15 had a tick over 100k and we didn't have to use the extended warranty not sure how fast your dealer works but we had the rental for 2 weeks.

Reactions: ciroaliz

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The warranty has no limit but one stipulation is that you had the software update done. If you haven't received the notice for the update they will probably grant the replacement. It's iffy but most have had success with a rebuilt motor installed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Had the engine in my 2013 replaced in Jan 2020 with 140K on the OD. Still running great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The warranty has no limit but one stipulation is that you had the software update done. If you haven't received the notice for the update they will probably grant the replacement. It's iffy but most have had success with a rebuilt motor installed.
sounds like i'm going to have some luck with it. The only thing that was replaced and was notified for was the recall on the brake light switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do, my wifes 15 had a tick over 100k and we didn't have to use the extended warranty not sure how fast your dealer works but we had the rental for 2 weeks.
i'm getting mine towed over there today, called my service advisor and he mentioned that it might just be the engine itself. its starting to sound promising that they might just replace it, but he did also mention that they are very behind and might not even be looked at til tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had the engine in my 2013 replaced in Jan 2020 with 140K on the OD. Still running great.
Great to hear, I gave my 2013 GLS to my son and he just crossed a hundred and five thousand miles and had the software update done about 2 weeks ago along with the fuel line recall.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great to hear, I gave my 2013 GLS to my son and he just crossed a hundred and five thousand miles and had the software update done about 2 weeks ago along with the fuel line recall.
Good luck with it. After the engine failure I had it posted for sale on CR which fortuantely did not sell. Shortly after purchasing a used 2018, I was able to get the new engine for the 2013 under full warranty and ended up giving it to my son as well. So glad I it worked out for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts