Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It seems like I'm chasing a ghost. I have a 2013 v6 Santa Fe with 101,000kms on it.

I've been to the shop on a few occasions trying to get a evident misfire corrected. When I'm slowly accelerating around 80-90 km/h, the car is jerking forward. Twice its gone into limp mode (resolved by turning off, waiting 1 minute and firing up again). The problem is far more evident when its cold outside (-4C these days). The engine light will come on certain days, other days, no light.

The plugs and coils have been switched around and the misfire is still happening in the same cylinder. I haven't gone in to look at the injector yet, but the mechanics are stating that they are fine.

They're having trouble replicating the issue under controlled environments and give the car back with no suggestions besides wait until there's another circumstance.

Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening?

Thanks for the time!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
GDI,, replace injectors.. $$$ and PIA to do if it is indeed GDI

I have already replace 2 set of GDI injector,, Azera and Genesis

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
DTCS ? I would expect to see P300 series codes for the misfire. Other codes? Curious because you indicate that the vehicle goes into reduced power mode, and that would be unusual for misfire codes unless Hyundai has the ECM programmed to do that to protect the Cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts