Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 27 2010, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327149
Let's just say, in the middle of winter when your blower motor goes out, you'll be happy it works like that.
Not only that, but you don't want the blower running all the time when it doesn't have to. All my cars were like that until I bought the M3. Stupid BMWs don't allow fresh air to flow unless you have the system running; utterly stupid IMO. And while I'm on a rant, they don't have an 'OFF' button either :grin:.

Hey OP, if you don't want fresh air coming thru the vents, simply press the 'recirculate' button and problem solved :thumbsup:. I always hit that button with windows and/or sunroof open, so I know exactly what you mean. Hope this helps man.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ May 28 2010, 05:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327227
I didn't want fresh air coming in,but the air that was coming in was WAY warmer than the air outside

That's always the case man, due to engine heat. That's why it's a nice 'feature' in winter. I rarely turn the HVAC on in winter, but I have no choice with the M3.

Remember the 'recirc' button is your on/off switch. MUCH better to have a choice (outside air ON or OFF) than not IMO. Fresh mode allows air in, and 'recirc' mode doesn't. That's the way most cars are becuase that's the way it should be. Of all my cars only BMW doesn't have that 'feature'. Take care.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm signing off after this thread, but just wanted to ask:

What the h e l l are you guys bickering about if you can just press the darn 'recirc' button and NOTHING will come out of the vents? YOU HAVE THE OPTION!!!!!!!!! Geez. Signing off. Have a good weekend gang... and find something better to argue about :grin: .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.