Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today...84 and sunny,NO humidity.... I was driving with the windows down, I had the blower OFF and the temperature dial all the way to the left (cool).But as I am driving down the road I can feel hot/warm air coming out of the vents???? I switched the airflow towards the floor,and it seemed to still be blowing...

If I have the blower OFF there should not be any air flowing through the vents right? Does anyone else have any input??

Thanks,
Scotty B

By the way I have a 2011 SE....No climate control.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 27 2010, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327152
Not only that, but you don't want the blower running all the time when it doesn't have to. All my cars were like that until I bought the M3. Stupid BMWs don't allow fresh air to flow unless you have the system running; utterly stupid IMO. And while I'm on a rant, they don't have an 'OFF' button either :grin:.

Hey OP, if you don't want fresh air coming thru the vents, simply press the 'recirculate' button and problem solved :thumbsup:. I always hit that button with windows and/or sunroof open, so I know exactly what you mean. Hope this helps man.

Thanks, I'll try this. It is not that I didn't want fresh air coming in,but the air that was coming in was WAY warmer than the air outside....It just seemed strange. I had a 1999 Buick and if the fan was off,then there was NO air flowing through the vents.

Scotty B

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 06:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327239
every car in the world is like that
What??

I have never had warm air coming thru the vents on any of the vehicles that I have owned,if the blower motor was off....

If every car in the world was like this then I would have not found it to be strange,right? The reason I posted the question was because it was something that I have not experienced before,hence the confusion.

Scotty B

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327292
lets see...I'll just name a few cars of mine quite randomly that have done this... 2007 BMW 750Li, 2000 Lexus GS400, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 1995 Acura Legend (3 of them), 2001 Infiniti QX4, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2001 Toyota 4 Runner etc... the list goes on....

And the BMW 750 was $98k brand new....so its not a "cheap car" flaw
Well maybe it's an "expensive" car thing then. It was just something that I have not noticed in things that I have driven before.

Thanks for letting me know that it is not a odd occurance!!

Scotty B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.