Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today...84 and sunny,NO humidity.... I was driving with the windows down, I had the blower OFF and the temperature dial all the way to the left (cool).But as I am driving down the road I can feel hot/warm air coming out of the vents???? I switched the airflow towards the floor,and it seemed to still be blowing...

If I have the blower OFF there should not be any air flowing through the vents right? Does anyone else have any input??

Thanks,
Scotty B

By the way I have a 2011 SE....No climate control.....

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ May 27 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327144
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today...84 and sunny,NO humidity.... I was driving with the windows down, I had the blower OFF and the temperature dial all the way to the left (cool).But as I am driving down the road I can feel hot/warm air coming out of the vents???? I switched the airflow towards the floor,and it seemed to still be blowing...

If I have the blower OFF there should not be any air flowing through the vents right? Does anyone else have any input??

Thanks,
Scotty B

By the way I have a 2011 SE....No climate control.....
Same deal here, but it also happened on our '10 Corolla and '06 Corolla... I believe when the blower is turned off, you're just getting the breeze through the vents... why it's designed that way, I don't know. Maybe someone else here can enlighten us.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Every car I've ever owned has been like that.

Let's just say, in the middle of winter when your blower motor goes out, you'll be happy it works like that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 27 2010, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327149
Let's just say, in the middle of winter when your blower motor goes out, you'll be happy it works like that.
Not only that, but you don't want the blower running all the time when it doesn't have to. All my cars were like that until I bought the M3. Stupid BMWs don't allow fresh air to flow unless you have the system running; utterly stupid IMO. And while I'm on a rant, they don't have an 'OFF' button either :grin:.

Hey OP, if you don't want fresh air coming thru the vents, simply press the 'recirculate' button and problem solved :thumbsup:. I always hit that button with windows and/or sunroof open, so I know exactly what you mean. Hope this helps man.

·
Registered
533 Posts
On another post, people were commenting about the A/C light not lighting up with the automatic climate control system. I found out today that it does light up under certain circumstances which I find to be quite strange. While having the windows tinted, the installer must have turned both the passenger and driver temperature dials all the way down to the coldest setting. When I got back in the car, I noticed the A/C light on. I wonder why that is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 27 2010, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327152
Not only that, but you don't want the blower running all the time when it doesn't have to. All my cars were like that until I bought the M3. Stupid BMWs don't allow fresh air to flow unless you have the system running; utterly stupid IMO. And while I'm on a rant, they don't have an 'OFF' button either :grin:.

Hey OP, if you don't want fresh air coming thru the vents, simply press the 'recirculate' button and problem solved :thumbsup:. I always hit that button with windows and/or sunroof open, so I know exactly what you mean. Hope this helps man.

Thanks, I'll try this. It is not that I didn't want fresh air coming in,but the air that was coming in was WAY warmer than the air outside....It just seemed strange. I had a 1999 Buick and if the fan was off,then there was NO air flowing through the vents.

Scotty B

·
Banned
630 Posts
every car in the world is like that

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 06:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327239
What??

I have never had warm air coming thru the vents on any of the vehicles that I have owned,if the blower motor was off....

If every car in the world was like this then I would have not found it to be strange,right? The reason I posted the question was because it was something that I have not experienced before,hence the confusion.

Scotty B

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a problem on all the cars I've owned but it is SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE on the 2011 Sonata. I hit the recirculate button and it fixed it though as someone else pointed out. Works fine.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ May 28 2010, 05:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327227
I didn't want fresh air coming in,but the air that was coming in was WAY warmer than the air outside

That's always the case man, due to engine heat. That's why it's a nice 'feature' in winter. I rarely turn the HVAC on in winter, but I have no choice with the M3.

Remember the 'recirc' button is your on/off switch. MUCH better to have a choice (outside air ON or OFF) than not IMO. Fresh mode allows air in, and 'recirc' mode doesn't. That's the way most cars are becuase that's the way it should be. Of all my cars only BMW doesn't have that 'feature'. Take care.

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ May 28 2010, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327264
What??

I have never had warm air coming thru the vents on any of the vehicles that I have owned,if the blower motor was off....

If every car in the world was like this then I would have not found it to be strange,right? The reason I posted the question was because it was something that I have not experienced before,hence the confusion.

Scotty B

Every car I've had has been like that. The air is being pushed through a car that's been sitting in the sun. It's going to heat up.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ May 28 2010, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327264
What??

Scotty B

lets see...I'll just name a few cars of mine quite randomly that have done this... 2007 BMW 750Li, 2000 Lexus GS400, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 1995 Acura Legend (3 of them), 2001 Infiniti QX4, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2001 Toyota 4 Runner etc... the list goes on....

And the BMW 750 was $98k brand new....so its not a "cheap car" flaw

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327292
lets see...I'll just name a few cars of mine quite randomly that have done this... 2007 BMW 750Li, 2000 Lexus GS400, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 1995 Acura Legend (3 of them), 2001 Infiniti QX4, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2001 Toyota 4 Runner etc... the list goes on....

Well maybe it's an "expensive" car thing then. It was just something that I have not noticed in things that I have driven before.

Thanks for letting me know that it is not a odd occurance!!

Scotty B

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327239
now thats quite a sweeping statement, have you owned a Saab Sonet, or a Alpha Romeo GTV, or a Lotus Elise, maybe "every car in the world" is not that accurate?
My Porsche 996 TT, when the system was OFF it was OFF (no really it was off). In my 2005 BMW 745Li, Which I just sold after 5 years of ownership, when you pushed the system off button and the light came on, NO AIR would blow in, no air!

QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 28 2010, 11:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327292

BMW 750 Li
MSRP: $75,800 - $78,900
Invoice: $69,915 - $72,770
Miles Per Gallon
City: 17 MPG
Highway: 25 MPG

Body Style: N/A
Engines: 4.8L V-8 360 HP
Per Official BMW Website

As a longtime BMW owner, I must say, you were taken to the cleaners and back several times if you paid $98K for a 750!

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (JohnMD @ May 28 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327368
This is the first car I've had that does this, no big deal just hit the recirc switch or close the vents or both

If the warm air continues after driving a few miles then have the dealer look at it. The heat may not be shutting off entirely when it on the coolest setting. I had that issue once on my old Honda. It should be no big deal for them to fix it if that is the case.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Same HVAC topic, when it was cold and heat was needed did anyone notice that the heater in the car came on even when the car was cold? This is for anyone with auto climate control in the Limited.

Most if not all the cars I have had over the last 32 years have operated similarly as in, when you shut the system off, fresh air flows. As a matter of fact, as I recall on the cars I had with manual systems, you could slide or turn the dial of the hot/cold lever or knob to hot and the slight amount of air coming out would be warmer or cooler depending on where you had the lever or dial. I think they used to call it flow-thru ventilation back in the day. In the mid-seventies GM cars they had grills on the trunks of the cars to assist in the air flow. Anyone old enough to recall that?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm signing off after this thread, but just wanted to ask:

What the h e l l are you guys bickering about if you can just press the darn 'recirc' button and NOTHING will come out of the vents? YOU HAVE THE OPTION!!!!!!!!! Geez. Signing off. Have a good weekend gang... and find something better to argue about :grin: .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's a stange one for you...

About once a week I run my car through the brushless (water jets) car wash just to keep the crud knocked off it. It's pretty hot around here most days, so I generally have the A/C going. Anyway, I noticed that the air coming out of my vents slows way down, but the fan still sounds like it's wide open. Effectively, it blows like I have it set on 1 or 2 when its set to 4. Doesn't matter if I have recirc on or off (tried it both ways). After driving down the road a few miles the air flow will return to normal. Anybody care to take a guess at what's up with that? Does it every week, so it's not like an isolated incident or something. Doesn't really bother me, just thought it was strange behavior that I can't explain, and I've never seen it on happen on any of my other vehicles. I'm sure it has something to do with the water/humidity, just can't figure out what exactly. Nothing under the hood gets wet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts