Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about an hour of driving with air conditioner on, my car's temperature is starting to rise to a maximum. When closing the air conditioner or lowering the fan to minimum, the temperature drops to optimum within 3 seconds. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having an issue with my Hyundai Sonata. Just started smelling like antifreeze. Placed coolant in the reservoir and it is still full. The car overheated once yesterday but the radiator was empty. Placed fluid and water in the radiator and it seemed to be ok. However there is a leak coming from the bottom center. My heat wasnt working last night until I added more water in the radiator. Could this be the bottom hose that is leaking? There is no leaking on the passenger side or where the water pump is located.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its common fault on Terracans
Is it really overheating - if not there is a earth fault located behind the dash - the indicated overheating only occurs under a specific set of circumstances they are
1 - the thermostat temperature has to be above 98 degrees
2 - the air con has to be turned on
3 - gets worse when the headlights on Hyundai has a fix in a technical bulletin.
Basically the problem is the earth common in the dash becomes a poor connection and as the earth currents increase a excessively high voltage across the earth causing the in dash gauge to go ballistic.
Turn off both headlights and A/C and gauge will read correctly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello every one,

I had the same issue with my Terracan. Firstly, resevoir over max allowed. Secondly, replaced radiator cap. So far, no problems. I will give feedback as soon as we, hit the long road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts