Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I'm new to this site,but not to forums. Other forums have helped me big time in the past. My girlfriend has a 01 elantra and is having heating problems. It worked fine last year. This year we have had some problems with the coolant system though. s bad radiator cap lead to over heating. And blew a hose while driving. Theres no more over heating. Now it doesn't blow hot air like before. To me it seems like it's heating and cooling at the same time. It blows hot for a second when you turn it on. Then it cools to Luke warm for a minute then goes cool. No warmth at all really. The local mech wants to pull the dash apart to check the heater core n and says 600 bucks to replace. Also they say possibly bad thermostat. What should i check and how. I know more about trucks not cars. She's adamant on going to the mech so i have until Thursday until she blow 500 bucks more than she needs to on possibly a heater core. Help would be much appreciated.

oh and I apologize if i posted in the wrong section. I couldn't really find where else to post.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Could also be a air lock in the heater core or a blocked heater core. Start the engine turn on the heater control, feel both heater hoses near the fire wall, they should both warm up at the same time, they should be the first thing that gets warm, before the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts