Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heater in my '07 Sonata (V6) does not seem to do too much - the air gets warm, but not hot - even at full blast. (A real problem here in Wisconsin when the outside temp gets below zero). Temperature gauge always reads below the mid-point on the gauge. My hunch is I need to install a hotter thermostat, but anybody got any other ideas? And is the thermostat on this engine where the upper radiator hose is connected to the engine? Thanks to anyone who answers!

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (Buffbruce @ Dec 13 2010, 08:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379558
The heater in my '07 Sonata (V6) does not seem to do too much - the air gets warm, but not hot - even at full blast. (A real problem here in Wisconsin when the outside temp gets below zero). Temperature gauge always reads below the mid-point on the gauge. My hunch is I need to install a hotter thermostat, but anybody got any other ideas? And is the thermostat on this engine where the upper radiator hose is connected to the engine? Thanks to anyone who answers!
:00000732: to the forums

I am not sure whats going on maybe the door for the heater core and A/C exchange is stuck? If your hitting normal temp you should be getting hot air.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you checked the coolant level? With engine temp gauge reading normal, I would suspect low coolant level, bad heater control valve or a plugged heater core. I would not mess with the thermostat.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (ken99 @ Dec 13 2010, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379573
Have you checked the coolant level? With engine temp gauge reading normal, I would suspect low coolant level, bad heater control valve or a plugged heater core. I would not mess with the thermostat.

Amen on not replacing the thermostat - one of the advantages of the V6 is lots of hot air from the heater and also pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Dec 14 2010, 06:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379641
Amen on not replacing the thermostat - one of the advantages of the V6 is lots of hot air from the heater and also pretty quick.
My I4 takes only a few minutes to produce heat, even on the coldest mornings, and we've learned to distribute the heat via the floor vents, otherwise it's just too much hot air in the face. When it's not that cold out, we can stay warm even with the fan off. The best heater I've ever had in any car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you measured the air with a thermometer? Without that you are just going by a seat of the pants feel, which is hard to compare to what other's think their heat feels like.

Mine measures 140 degrees. I use a regular cooking thermometer and just stick it in the vent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts