Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I own a 2003 Hyundai Trajet 2.0L CDi I am in the UK. Leaves have blocked the heater air intake under the bonnet and water has collected in the air hopper and overflowed into the heater motor which is now unusable. Can anyone suggest how I remove the dashboard to get to the motor and replace it . Thanks Paul

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
"Heater motor"??
Do you mean the HVAC (heating, ventilation, and cooling) motor?
The blower motor?

In the US, it is under or behind the glove box.
Remove the glove box and it should be behind it.
Don't know about the UK

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the dashboard to replace the blower motor. I've never had to replace one on a Trajet but the blower motor is usually mounted behind the glovebox and you access it from under the dash. They are generally held on by 3 screws. The photo below is a pretty typical Hyundai setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt replies. I have tried the glove box but cannot see any motor. I can see a small vertical slot cover that exposes an aluminium matrix but no access to any motor. I will have a look under the bonnet and see what I can find. Please give me 10 minutes. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have squeezed the two sides of the large glove box and dropped it down to reveal this slot and matrix I mentioned but no sign of a motor. The upper 'glove box' will not come out without removing some bits of the dash as far as I can see. Nothing under the bonnet. I may be wrong but nothing like the photo you are showing me. Thanks again for your advice. Paul

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
I will have a look under the bonnet and see what I can find. Please give me 10 minutes. Thanks Paul
Under the dashboard, not up behind the glovebox.

The slot is probably where the pollen filter is supposed to be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Avisitor and Autospark. Thanks for your help. Knowing my luck the interior heating/AC motor was put into the car as the shell was welded together!!!! never to be seen again. The dash board shelf is that deep up to the bottom of the windscreen you could build a small house under there. Paul

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Hi Autospark. Under the dashboard, do you mean get to it from the floorpan looking up under the large glove box? Paul
Yes it generally is the bottom of the air box behind the glove box. Usually in plain sight from the floorboards. Look for a multi wire or large wire connector.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
As Autospark said, you are probably seeing the cabin air filter slot
Under it should be the squirrel cage of the fan (enclosed) and under that should be the blower motor.
Also should be against the fire wall.

Good luck

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
In the photo above, the bar that goes across the pic just above where it says "M27 Blower" is the bar the glovebox hinges attach to at the bottom of the dash. So you should see the blower motor just behind the glovebox.

Below is another photo of a Hyundai Santa Fe which has basically the same heater box as the Trajet. You can see where the blower motor is relative to the pollen filter slot behind the glovebox that you mentioned earlier.

Maybe I should have said, these photos show LHD cars. Our UK models are a mirror image being RHD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Autospark your picture does seem to make some sense now. It's dark now and I will have to check tomorrow and see what I can find.

I will let you all know how I get on.
Thanks Again All

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All
Sorry I have not replied to this thread earlier but work gets in the way. Many thanks to all who helped with my Trajet heater motor problem. I found the motor, it was where you said it was but a real pain to get to. The worst screw to get undone was a rusty one just where you could not get the screwdriver to it. Self grip wrench, carefully adjusted. got it out and away came the unit. Very rusty inside due to the water leak I mentioned but lots of WD40, cleaning the commutator and turning the fan eventually got it going. Now I have a warm even hot car but no speed adjustment. It's on full or off, but who cares I can always open the windows. Next problem seems to be the ignition pick up coil and it's connectors. It looks like it's a soldering job. No problem there I just need to get to it. Thanks again. Paul

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
Glad you managed to revive the blower motor, Paul.

If it's only working on full speed that suggests the speed resistor/power transistor is faulty (see photo above).
The resistor is bypassed when the switch is set to full speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts