Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 tibby auto.. pretty much base model. My car has been over heating lately and i have check all the usuall suspects; Radiator, hoses, water pump, dipstick, ect. I found that every few days now my coolant is empty. Recently I put in a new radiator in the car, new hoses, new t-stat. I see no leaks under the car and no leaks in the engine bay. I started smelling cooland in the car so i started looking around. I pulled the floor mat on the drivers side and the carpet is soaking wet. Could this be a bad heater core? I had a 1987 Nissan 300 zx that had over heating problems so i wouldent say in a novice, but i've never dealt this this exact issue. Could some one offer advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long would it take a bad heater core to empty a radiator?

I have R&I instructionsfor the heater core... how long should i expect this to take?

I forgot in my first post that when i turned on the A/C on my way home from work there was what appeared to be water vapor coming out of my vents... is this also a symptom of a bad core?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (rtem8 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335983
How long would it take a bad heater core to empty a radiator?

I have R&I instructionsfor the heater core... how long should i expect this to take?

I forgot in my first post that when i turned on the A/C on my way home from work there was what appeared to be water vapor coming out of my vents... is this also a symptom of a bad core?
How long does it take to empty? Beats me. How big is your leak?

How long does it take to replace? Don't know, never did one.

Water vapor a symptom? Sure is. I'd still be hoping for a connection leak.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've had this problem before but it was a slow leak. I didn't have the money to replace the core so I got a flexible hose, unplugged the hoses to the core and hooked the flexible hose on. It gives you time to get the parts you need as well as a repair manual to tell you what to do to replace the core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts