Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done a heater core flush on getz? If so which are inlet and outlet hoses to dash? And more help also welcome

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Anyone done a heater core flush on getz? If so which are inlet and outlet hoses to dash? And more help also welcome
DO NOT use one of those garden hose flush kits. it will blow up the heater core, and you will have to tow it to wherever, and then probably gotta pull the dash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks. will take care. but need to know which hoses go into the dash? I am not getting any heat...

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Need to identify the two hoses that start from the engine bay and goes to the fire wall
Would start by looking at the fire wall and identifying the two hoses fairly close to each other
And is near the middle of the fire wall
Feel if they get hot when you demand heat from the controls inside the cabin

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
If you disconnect both hoses then it really makes no difference. I've done that and let a cleaner solution drip through using another piece of hose on the lower pipe to fill with cleaner solution and then restrict the flow so it only drips through.

But the inlet hose would be coming from just before the thermostat or back of the head (if the t-stat is on the lower radiator hose) where the water is hottest and exits to the water pump so it gets pulled through the core.

I don't think anyone has used a control valve for 20 years or so for heater core flow control, at least I haven't seen anything like that since the 70's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts