Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my Terracan and if something on the car should work then for me it’s has too. The only fault I could find on the car was the heater panel switch lights, non of them worked, so I tried my local motor factors or no avail then down to the dealers. Problem 1 was what’s a Terracan we’ve never seen 1, problem 2 was that when they found the correct part they told me it was £17.95, which I thought was a bit steep for 4 bulbs but it got better, that was the price per bulb because they’re not that popular. So back to the factors to buy some which looked similar then remove the offending bulbs, with pliers and a small screwdriver I got rid of the old bulb and removed a new bulb from the ones I had bought I managed to get the wires through holes in the base but the bulbs wouldn’t sit inside the holder, so these were gently reamed out to accommodate the new bulb wires back through the holes and a spot of solder just to ensure good contact. The result is I now have working lights in my switches for a total cost of £6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought my Terracan and if something on the car should work then for me it’s has too. The only fault I could find on the car was the heater panel switch lights, non of them worked, so I tried my local motor factors or no avail then down to the dealers. Problem 1 was what’s a Terracan we’ve never seen 1, problem 2 was that when they found the correct part they told me it was £17.95, which I thought was a bit steep for 4 bulbs but it got better, that was the price per bulb because they’re not that popular. So back to the factors to buy some which looked similar then remove the offending bulbs, with pliers and a small screwdriver I got rid of the old bulb and removed a new bulb from the ones I had bought I managed to get the wires through holes in the base but the bulbs wouldn’t sit inside the holder, so these were gently reamed out to accommodate the new bulb wires back through the holes and a spot of solder just to ensure good contact. The result is I now have working lights in my switches for a total cost of £6.
Hi,
Just joined and found your post-which is exactly my issue. Only thing is, I have removed the entire control unit but do not have individual bulbs! No idea what the light source is. Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts