Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fiddling with the controls for the AC and the heater today and saw something that I thought were extremely odd. When I select either the windshield only or the windshield + bottom as circled in the picture attached, the re-circulate button shows being always off, and the AC button shows being always on. Is this normal? Or is there an issue here?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (yoda4x4 @ Jul 29 2010, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345912
I was fiddling with the controls for the AC and the heater today and saw something that I thought were extremely odd. When I select either the windshield only or the windshield + bottom as circled in the picture attached, the re-circulate button shows being always off, and the AC button shows being always on. Is this normal? Or is there an issue here?
Probably normal. Most car manufacturers recommend outside air with windshield/defrost settings and the A/C is usually forced on even with heat on in order to dehumidify air blown at the glass to avoid fogging. Unusual is only that Hyundai is showing people that they do that.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
On my '06, if you're on recirc, it automatically switches to fresh air when going to defrost.  Makes sense,you're going to worsen your fogging problem by running in recirc.

Normally by default the A/C light *doesn't* come on (at least on mine) but the A/C is running. There is a trick to disable the defroster A/C logic by putting the knob on defrost and tapping the recirc button 3 times.  Recirc will flash and the A/C light comes on.  Now, when you go into defrost or floor/defrost the A/C light comes on and pressing the A/C button will switch off compressor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts