Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they actually do anything?

I was driving for 30 minutes with it on and the ice wouldn't melt off.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have not had Ice on my mirrors yet thank god, but I did watch the heated mirrors remove fog build from them very quickly.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I wish I had them. On my last car there were there and in a few minutes the frost would be clear.

·
22,788 Posts
I have had a light, thin coating on mine. Came off pretty quickly...3-4 minutes, I estimate.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Last winter when I was parking outside the heated mirrors only took about 10 minutes to defrost

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've noticed mine didn't work as well. I didn't think much about it. I drive about 30 miles to work every morning. 90% of the time I still have frost on my mirrors when I get to work. Very annoying.

I'll be having the dealer check that out when I take it in to have them look at my Radio showing NO SIGNAL on all XM channels when its below freezing out.

·
22,788 Posts
I have had a light, thin coating on mine. Came off pretty quickly...3-4 minutes, I estimate.
Let me make more sense of this post. When I said the ice came off pretty quickly, it did. But there's two factors involved. It was a very thin layer, and I had actually stuck my hand out of the window to touch the mirror's coated surface. That thin layer slid right down and dropped to the ground. It didn't just melt and drip away, or fall off on it's own. Maybe with enough time it may have. I just gave it a little "incentive."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts