Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer twice already trying to get them to fix the heated seats because they barely get warm when they are on the maximum setting. The dealer compared with another sante fe and said it was normal. I've had two other cars with heated seats and the heated seats where always very hot at the max settings...

I'm not sure if it's normal, and feel like my body heats the seat more than the system that's supposed to do it. I'm in Quebec Canada and leather is pretty cold in the winter.

If you have heated seats in your SF, how are they? I would like feedback from other owners.

I own a 2014 LWB SF AWD Limited with 30000 km on it. I had to change rear view camera, AWD coupler and wiper motors. I'm begining to think that I made a mistake buying it..

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased a 2015 LWB SF Limited and it seems that driver's side seat does not get nearly as warm as the front passenger. We are coming from a Saturn Outlook and those seats got hot quick. I was planning on going to the dealer next week to have them look at it.

Have you tried a different dealer with yours?

·
Registered
837 Posts
We have a 2014 GLS and the seats do not get as hot as our previous vehicles, but they do warm up so I am thinking this is probably normal. GM ended up getting sued if I am not mistaken, over burns caused by their seats so Hyundai might not want to go down that road. I did have a GMC truck and the seats in that got extremely hot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I didn't try another dealer yet, it's the next thing I'll try, but searching on the internet partially confirms that it's normal. I found many posts from hyundai owners (not model specific) who complains about this. Seems to be from around 2013 models and up.

I think hyundai could get the seats hotter without any danger of burning the people sitting in the car, they get warm at best. I can barely feel the heat while wearing jeans.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wasn't this discussed last year with the conclusion being that models with heated/vented seats not getting as warm as those with just the heated seats? It has to do with the more open air design associated with the vented seats. I might be wrong but I seem to recall this being the explanation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's all a matter of perception. I don't like my seats burning and most of my cars have been fine with heated seating. My 2008 jetta was too hot. It had 5 levels of heat and for me level 1 was unbearable. Haven't tried the Santa Fe yet as we picked it up in the summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine gets pretty warm on max but they are just slow getting there takes about 10min to be at their max has the other car I had in the past would heat up in 2-3min to their max and I have the electric one in mine.
I will test it out more this winter since it will be my first with it to see if by the time I clear the snow if they will be warm enough to not freeze my butt..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to the dealer twice already trying to get them to fix the heated seats because they barely get warm when they are on the maximum setting. The dealer compared with another sante fe and said it was normal. I've had two other cars with heated seats and the heated seats where always very hot at the max settings...

I'm not sure if it's normal, and feel like my body heats the seat more than the system that's supposed to do it. I'm in Quebec Canada and leather is pretty cold in the winter.

If you have heated seats in your SF, how are they? I would like feedback from other owners.

I own a 2014 LWB SF AWD Limited with 30000 km on it. I had to change rear view camera, AWD coupler and wiper motors. I'm begining to think that I made a mistake buying it..

Thanks
CBourdeau, where in Qc are you located and which dealer you go to?

You said you had the wiper motor changed, how come? I had to change mine too because when I was using the windshield washer, the wipers would interminently stop right in the middle of the windshield. Saint-Jerome Hyundai changed the motor but sometimes it would stop not at the proper position still using the windshield washer but it way better than it was initially.

As for the heated seat, I think the leather is very thick compared to my Passat or my Cadillac so maybe thats why it doesn't feel as if the seats is not getting warm enough. The reason why I think this is one reason is that I'm a district manager always on the road driving 50 000 kms to 80 000 kms per year just for work and the leather in the Santa Fe is looking and feeling strong and looking almost brand new after 9 months owning my car with 42 000 kms on the odometer compared to the one's in GM or VW that you can feel less rigid, looks used just after 20 000 kms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You said you had the wiper motor changed, how come? I had to change mine too because when I was using the windshield washer, the wipers would interminently stop right in the middle of the windshield. Saint-Jerome Hyundai changed the motor but sometimes it would stop not at the proper position still using the windshield washer but it way better than it was initially.

As for the heated seat, I think the leather is very thick compared to my Passat or my Cadillac so maybe thats why it doesn't feel as if the seats is not getting warm enough. The reason why I think this is one reason is that I'm a district manager always on the road driving 50 000 kms to 80 000 kms per year just for work and the leather in the Santa Fe is looking and feeling strong and looking almost brand new after 9 months owning my car with 42 000 kms on the odometer compared to the one's in GM or VW that you can feel less rigid, looks used just after 20 000 kms.
I'm in Chateauguay near Montreal and I go to hyundai St-Constant.

The problem with the wipers was that they stoped working. One evening I got in the car and it was snowing. the wipers wouldn't move at all. I had to drive home with no wipers. Good thing I was les than 10 minutes away and it wasn't a snow storm.

Yes the leather seems to be thicker and more ridgid than others, but I doubt it would make that much of a difference. The only spot I feels some heat is in the lower back of the seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was in Ottawa ON last winter, very cold. The seats would warm up quickly on just the low setting, you could even feel the heat on the backrest with a heavy coat. The A-C works very well in the Florida heat, around 90 *F...

·
Registered
22 Posts

I'm in Chateauguay near Montreal and I go to hyundai St-Constant.

The problem with the wipers was that they stoped working. One evening I got in the car and it was snowing. the wipers wouldn't move at all. I had to drive home with no wipers. Good thing I was les than 10 minutes away and it wasn't a snow storm.

Yes the leather seems to be thicker and more ridgid than others, but I doubt it would make that much of a difference. The only spot I feels some heat is in the lower back of the seat.
I've tested the heated seats this morning to max and after 10-15 minutes, I had to lower the heat because it was begining to be a little too hot for my comfort.

Next time you go to the dealer, try with another Santa Fe in the lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My heated/cooled seats don't get very hot on high. Can run high for hours without feeling too hot. In contrast, we've owned several Audis, VWs, BMWs and an Escalade... all of them got much hotter on high. It's apparently normal for the Hyundai, something I'm not happy about... the other settings are useless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the base model and I also find that after 10 min I have to lower or turn off the heated seats as they are too warm.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,491 Posts
Again, as mentioned above, the heated seats with the cooling feature do not get as warm as the standard heated seats. Different design.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the heated / cooled seats. The seat warmers get plenty warm enough for my family. We usually turn them down a notch or two after they have been on for a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2016 Ultimate here. Heated and ventilated front seats. Heated front seats on max (3 lights) never get very warm and I never have to turn them down. I haven't compared them to the back seats that are heated only. Its very disappointing. The steering wheel gets very hot and I can't leave it on. Anyone actually get anywhere with a dealer on this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the heated/cooled seats. The heating on level 3 never gets too hot, but it gets plenty warm for me and fast enough as well. I generally will put it down to level 2 after some time.

As a comparison -

The heating and the cooling feature in our Chrysler Pacifica work WAY better. I find the cooling in the Santa Fe to be so so.

This seems to vary by car brand. My Mercedes has amazing warming. But the cooling seat is not so great.

The Santa Fe doesn’t seem to be very powerful on either heat or cooling for the seat. But it is good enough.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wife's heated seats got hotter after we replaced the factory battery on her 2014 model. Make sure your battery is still in good condition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts