Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a wiring diagram for heated seats??
I have not been able to navigate the on line manual very well. Here is my story.

My 2013 GLS came with a Cream or Beige interior. They look yellow to me. I wanted a standard transmission and Red exterior and the only Elantras I could find had this light color cloth / vinyl interior. I love the car Hate the interior color.
It seems wet blue jeans will bleed color and stain.
My final solution now that the car has 61K and the stains are permanent has been to change out all the seats with Black Leather from the recycle yard. I was very worried about the air bags but I was sure to pull out the battery and let it sit before I did anything.
I am happy to report that the seats are in and the air bags are recognized by the car. (Air Bag Warning light will go off)
Stain problem solved. Next is to get the heated seats to work.
If anybody could help I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi FLcrusing,

I have pulled out the radio before, not the console. I swapped the factory head unit with a JVC. The main difference is my radio has HD radio.

Since I put the black leather seats in, I removed the plastic chrome accents from the console up to the dash and then removed the Radio surround. This exposed the Heater Control. I wanted clear Pictures of the wiring plugs that my car’s Heater Control has. I want to be sure my harness connections are the same as the control with the heat switches. A replacement controls are available at recycle centers for about $70 not including the rear door heat switches.

I am unclear If my new heater control (with the seat heater switches) has the power run thru it to the seat heaters or if it controls a relay(s) that go to the seat heaters.

The Control that the link displays is the high-end heater control. I am not sure if this matters.

Like everything else it’s “Do It Right” or “don’t do it” aha I have all summer to figure it out.

Thank you very much,
This will take me a while.
Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you ever do the install on the heated seats? I think i figured out the rear seats (fairly easy, switch and ground) but the front is a bit more complicated with the climate control. I just need to know what the pinouts are for the climate control. The diagram in the above link seems to be for a different model where the climate control has two large plugs because of the automatic climate control, compared to the manual climate control most cars have in the US.

I'm in Boston, and saw you were in Eastern MA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts