Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Cracked my front windshield yesterday and will need to have it replaced. I called around for prices and was asked by the first shop I called if my front windshield is heated. Ignorantly, I told the first shop it is not heated since I didn't think it would be.

However, I called the third shop and was made aware that if I have I heated seats(which I do since I have the Value Pack edition), then my car will have heated front windshield. This doesn't make sense to me so I went to look at the manual - no where on the manual does it mention heated front windshield.

With that said, does anyone know if I do in fact have heated front windshield? And if so, how can I tell?

Thank you. Hoping to get my front windshield replaced by the end of this weekend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check to see the heat strips around the wipers. If you have the strips that look like they are on the rear window then it's heated. I don't know if the sport comes with it or not but that's how you can tell

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have Ultimate and don't have heated strips for wiper blades which sucks. I think that fully loaded models should have it....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check to see the heat strips around the wipers. If you have the strips that look like they are on the rear window then it's heated. I don't know if the sport comes with it or not but that's how you can tell
Thanks for your response. Will the heat strip be apparent and orange in color like the back windshield? As in, it should be obvious to see the heat strip on the front windshield and I would not have to look hard for it, right?

I cleaned up the area where the wipers sit and do not see anything at all. The area where the wipers sit is blacked out though so even if there is an orange heat strip, it would be difficult to see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Ultimate and don't have heated strips for wiper blades which sucks. I think that fully loaded models should have it....
Thanks for your input. Will the heat strips where the wipers sit be apparent and orange in color like the ones on the back windshield?

I asked the other poster the same question but two answers confirming will be better than one for my paranoia ass.

Thank you. Haha

·
Registered
274 Posts
Some cars hide it and some don't. I can tell my car does not have that feature as in the winter, the area where the wipers seat is always frozen...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some cars hide it and some don't. I can tell my car does not have that feature as in the winter, the area where the wipers seat is always frozen...
I agree. But in this specific instance of the 2017 Sonata Sport that I have, will it be easy to tell?

I checked that area and do not see anything mainly because the area is blacked out with a black layered strip.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is nothing in the manual mentioning the heating element except the windshield air vents. So I guess your answer is, no heated windshield.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not sure if some cars hide it. I have a sport and don't have it for sure and my friend has a 2.0T with heated seats and. Doesn't have it

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yup. Although, if they can get you one with heating element and wire it up so it works, I would actually pay the extra $$ for it :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to update the thread, it turns out I do not have heated front windshield.

The best way to check is to the remove the panel right underneath the windshield when you pop up the hood of the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts