Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over the internet and havent gotten an answer. So I post here to get an answer hopefully. I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited, and my front heated seat switch on the driver side works, snaps in to place on low and high, however the passenger switch seems to need to be forced into place high and low. I think its got something sticky inside it. I have used a card to rub the sides out hoping it helps but no go. Still seems to need to be forced into place. Anybody have any other ideas on it, I dont want to go to the dealer just for something small. The dealer really sucks in service, and I dont have time this week to bring to another one, Im just hoping for a quick fix I can do myself.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, an easy one. When a switch malfunctions, you replace the switch. You're welcome.
The switch still works. Now if its best to switch any idea where is best. Amazon eBay and other places I checked dont have it. And I want to avoid the dealership if at all possible.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Some people take their cars to the dealer for every little sound. Sounds like a possible easy warranty fix...if you try and screw something up...good luck getting it under warranty. Its the passenger seat, what's the rush :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Some people take their cars to the dealer for every little sound. Sounds like a possible easy warranty fix...if you try and screw something up...good luck getting it under warranty. Its the passenger seat, what's the rush :)
Lol. Thats a part of me thinking too.
Another part is saying fix it its easy. And another saying go to the dealership for it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do it yourself if you can. The dealer will replace the switch for you, but may scratch up trim pieces in the process.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Forum Member here sells a pretty cool LED cupholder kit. He also has a video that can show you how to easily remove the center console. This will get you easy access to the switch in question.
LED Cup Holder Lights Blue Lights Fits 2011 2013 Hyundai Sonata Cupholder | eBay

You'll have to do your own homework to verify if my previous post has the correct part. Hope this helps.
Thanks i did see a post like it a while back. Looks cool but i do t want to do that just yet.

Do it yourself if you can. The dealer will replace the switch for you, but may scratch up trim pieces in the process.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I will try it and see. Doesn't seem hard at all I think. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It's not hard to do at all. Since you're only after the switch, you might be able to get your hand under the console and avoid removing the shift knob. But still no big deal if you have to. Unless this is covered under warranty, you'll save yourself a bunch of $.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My side mirror positioning rocker switch was quickly replaced for its less than smooth operation. All I had to do was mention it and the part got ordered. A few days later it was replaced and working properly. All under warranty. I hope the ops warranty is still I place.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My side mirror positioning rocker switch was quickly replaced for its less than smooth operation. All I had to do was mention it and the part got ordered. A few days later it was replaced and working properly. All under warranty. I hope the ops warranty is still I place.
It is. Just want to avoid the dealership because where I go is always a song and a dance. Took me 6 months to have them replace a HVAC vent under warranty. So I'm off to look for another dealership this week or next.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like some sort of "drink" got spilled on the switch. I have had that problem-- I used an electronics cleaner (like CRC QD Electronic Cleaner) or something from Radio Shack. Sprayed it liberally into the top of the switch, and no more problem. May not work for you, but could save a lot of time and frustration.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like some sort of "drink" got spilled on the switch. I have had that problem-- I used an electronics cleaner (like CRC QD Electronic Cleaner) or something from Radio Shack. Sprayed it liberally into the top of the switch, and no more problem. May not work for you, but could save a lot of time and frustration.
I was thinking it could be that. Maybe I will try that cleaner first and see if it helps. If not then off to a dealership next week.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Just want to mention that my 2011 had the bad switch. So far the 2013 has been 100% issue free thru 11K miles. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have searched all over the internet and havent gotten an answer. So I post here to get an answer hopefully. I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited, and my front heated seat switch on the driver side works, snaps in to place on low and high, however the passenger switch seems to need to be forced into place high and low. I think its got something sticky inside it. I have used a card to rub the sides out hoping it helps but no go. Still seems to need to be forced into place. Anybody have any other ideas on it, I dont want to go to the dealer just for something small. The dealer really sucks in service, and I dont have time this week to bring to another one, Im just hoping for a quick fix I can do myself.
Try a quick shot of WD40, it may clean it out and also add some lubrication. This is what I would try. I am not a mechanic but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, :D !

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2.0 터보;1660018 said:
Try a quick shot of WD40, it may clean it out and also add some lubrication. This is what I would try. I am not a mechanic but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, :D !
Great answer. :D tomorrow I'm gonna try a few things and report back.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well brief update. It seems like its sticky juice or something. It worked flawlessly today in the afternoon. I assume because the car was a bit warm inside. I wiped it down with amor all wipes bought to clean my dash and doors. Seemed to work. After it got cold this evening it seemed stuck again. I was about to place a flashlight over and get a glimpse of inside. I'm going to baby wipe it down again and see if I can get the wipe inside the space to see if it helps clean it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts