Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have brought my car multiple times to the dealer to pinpoint and fix this problem. The problem every time I take it there the symptoms don't show up and they can never find anything wrong. This has been happening since the begining of the 2017-2018 winter season. I took the car recently for an oil change and told them again about the sound. This time i had recorded a video but when I went to play it to the rep the phone said "video cannot be played" WTF! Again they didnt find anything and again i made another video hoping this time i can show them what I am experiencing. It sounds like a heat shield despite the dealer telling me that all heatshields are fine. Nothing loose, im going to lift the car tomorrow and look myself to see where the **** this sounds is coming from. Its not constant, it comes and goes.. What do you think? Hope the effing video works! LMK

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

View My Video

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brought it to the dealer and they said "we are replacing your entire muffler, it has a leak and the sound is coming from the muffler not a heatshield"

Ooookkaaayy.. We will see

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Brought it to the dealer and they said "we are replacing your entire muffler, it has a leak and the sound is coming from the muffler not a heatshield"

Ooookkaaayy.. We will see
Normally a leak in the exhaust system isn't intermittent. It could be the baffles in the muffler have a heat related problem. That's not a leak but could be rattling when it fails. Is it always quiet when you start it cold and shows up when hot?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep.. Comes in and goes away and only when the car is in idle.. Dealer ordered a new one so we will see of it fixes it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts