Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, at least they're doing something about it. "Firing" (aka forced resignation) of the quality control boss is a nice step.

·
Banned
532 Posts
I think this is a typical behavior or action in Asian business. Employees truly take their position with self esteem and responsibility, something far lacking in past American management and labor but now being slowly adapted. I mean no disrespect, defamation, stereotype or cultural definition but when there is a failure within one of their companies someone "falls on their sword", here we create a new title or bump them up the ladder.

I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for ordering lets say 50,000,000 power window switches, 25% being one touch, 25% drivers & passenger side and 50% passenger side...... for delivery at specific times and plants while being told you have to get an additional .0005% off the low bid.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i'm actually kinda surprised. that is going to rather extreme measures to try and keep their reputation high. how many manufacturers wouldn't do this?

accountability is nice to see every now and then.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think this is a typical behavior or action in Asian business. Employees truly take their position with self esteem and responsibility, something far lacking in past American management and labor but now being slowly adapted. I mean no disrespect, defamation, stereotype or cultural definition but when there is a failure within one of their companies someone "falls on their sword", here we create a new title or bump them up the ladder.
They call it the "Peter Principle" - if shown to be incompetent, promote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts