Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW--it's now 2014! And they still haven't figure out the headrest portion yet!
I have a 2014 Santa fe Sport, the headrest is way too far forward. And why can't it lock! It moves forward too easily ! Lock it!
I too find that the head rest is too far forward, especially for my wife who is 5 ft 2 in. I jammed hers back with a small piece of wood at both pipes so that it cannot be pushed forward by passengers hitting it while getting out of the car. This has resolved 80% if the issue but it could be even better if one could straighten the pipes which would be a big improvement but they are not easily straightened. I have not been able to figure out how to remove the two support pipes from the head rest so that they could be heated and then possibly straightened.

·
Registered
226 Posts
5'6' wife has complained, while I think it's perfect for a 6 footer. Writing/reading headrest reviews tells me I need an intervention, some of us just have too much time on our hands.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I shake my head in wonderment ....do people not take a vehicle for test drive any more, a test drive being more than a ride around the block.

The insurance company would walk away from a claim if you modified the headrest a feature that is designed to help prevent injuries.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hmm, I guess I'm doing it wrong. I like mine all the way forward. It's the first car I've ever had that actually allows me to keep my neck straight, and not lean my head back to touch the headrest. Doing that compresses my neck, and it's sore in no time. With this car, my head is straight, and no neck pain. Every other one I've had I couldn't actually use the headrest without buying one of these to add to it, up high on the rest.
https://www.amazon.com/Neck-Pillow-Version-Memory-Color/dp/B00A7ZV0R0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472327931&sr=8-2&keywords=Car+Neck+Pillow+%28Soft+Version%29-

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think it depends on a variety of factors:
Person's height
How far they recline the seat
Their head shape (let's face, it some people have larger/differently shaped heads than others)
Neck sensitivity

I will say the headrest is a little farther forward than I like, compared to the Ford Edge I test drove, but nowhere near as bad as the 2017 Kia Sorento. My God, that thing is horrible.

But now I know that the Hyundai can be moved a little (just may not stay), so I will play with mine when I get it. It wasn't overly bad. I do have to adjust the height a little as well.

But again, if someone were shorter, or had the seat more upright, I can see it being uncomfortable. I wonder if it was fine in test drive, and then they sell you a diff. car (sometimes) and maybe the headrest moved a tad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANK YOU!!!
I didn't notice that the headrest is too far forward until after a couple of days of ownership. Forces head forward, like 'phone neck'; would lead to stooped posture after driving for a while. I'll have to see if I can do this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too find that the head rest is too far forward, especially for my wife who is 5 ft 2 in. I jammed hers back with a small piece of wood at both pipes so that it cannot be pushed forward by passengers hitting it while getting out of the car. This has resolved 80% if the issue but it could be even better if one could straighten the pipes which would be a big improvement but they are not easily straightened. I have not been able to figure out how to remove the two support pipes from the head rest so that they could be heated and then possibly straightened.
i flipped mine around. now it's perfect.

21 - 29 of 28 Posts