Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feel like in the 2013 azera that the head rest pushes your head a little too much forward.. I feel uncomfortable and if I move my seat back far enough so the headrest won't push my head forward then I lose support for my upper back. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone feel like in the 2013 azera that the head rest pushes your head a little too much forward.. I feel uncomfortable and if I move my seat back far enough so the headrest won't push my head forward then I lose support for my upper back. Any thoughts?
Do you have the headrest adjusted as far back as it will go? It is adjustable forward and backward (not just up and down).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had this issue with the Santa Fe DM. I ended up securing each upright rod just above the bend with a fixture in a large vice then putting pressure on to bend the angle of each rod to a more upright position. Not much bend was required. There was a bit of messing around getting the right vice fixture and some disassembly of the headrest cover and padding to protect it during the operation, but problem solved and still structurally sound.

Before I did this mod the top of the headrest would intermittently touch the back of my head when the seat was relatively upright and I felt like my head was being pushed forward. Now there is clearance. This is not the greatest pic below, taken at night with an ipad, but it gives an idea of the change of angle that can be achieved. I was upside down in a high speed rollover at 105mph once and my neck doesn't like being pushed forward much anymore, so the previous headrest angle was not suitable for me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had this issue with the Santa Fe DM. I ended up securing each upright rod just above the bend with a fixture in a large vice then putting pressure on to bend the angle of each rod to a more upright position.
Did you unbend the existing bend, or did you bend the rod above the bend to achieve the more upright position?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The smaller top section was held by the vice fitting and I pushed/pulled back on the longer section to change the angle of the existing bend to make the bend angle less acute.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The smaller top section was held by the vice fitting and I pushed/pulled back on the longer section to change the angle of the existing bend to make the bend angle less acute.
Were you able to bend the rod by hand once the top section was held in the vice, or did you have to slip a piece of pipe over the rod for more leverage?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It was a fair bit of effort when I did it by hand. Wrapping the metal rods in a several layers of tape to avoid scratching and using a larger pipe for leverage should work well. It doesn't have to be much of a bend to improve the angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts