Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed when driving at night that the headlights on my 20011 Sonata have a clearly defined stopping point that creates a perfect horizontal line across the road ahead. It's normally not an issue when driving in the city due to all the ambient light. Recently I was driving in the middle of nowhere and it was rather distracting. It's like my headlights just stop at a certain point in front of me. It seems like a reasonable distance but I've never seen such a clearly defined line before. Headlights usually trail off until they fade out into the distance. Maybe it's the type of headlight? Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this? I was going to have the dealer take a look but thought I'd try my luck here first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (adj3323 @ Jun 6 2010, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330492
I've noticed when driving at night that the headlights on my 20011 Sonata have a clearly defined stopping point that creates a perfect horizontal line across the road ahead. It's normally not an issue when driving in the city due to all the ambient light. Recently I was driving in the middle of nowhere and it was rather distracting. It's like my headlights just stop at a certain point in front of me. It seems like a reasonable distance but I've never seen such a clearly defined line before. Headlights usually trail off until they fade out into the distance. Maybe it's the type of headlight? Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this? I was going to have the dealer take a look but thought I'd try my luck here first.

Thanks!
First time driving a car with projector beams, right?

It's the type of lamp. Nothing is wrong. Check out the HID thread for even more apparent horizontal lines.

·
Registered
678 Posts
It is what you call the cut off point. All projectors have them. If you see a car with their beams flickering blue, it's because you are eye level with the cut off point. This is what all hid kits have been trying to replicate (hence the 600k/800k colors), but only true projectors have them. I be it you bend the shield on the projector, you can get an even more defined cut off point to get the bluish hue on the lights.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
As mentioned, the cutoff is just due to the projector lights. I find this car the projectors have an excellent range and the stock lights are quite nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts