Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of standard headlights for an Accent 2014 GLS Hatchback that fix perfectly on the frame, but the wiring to connect is for a Led Headlight Lamp and the sockets are different. In order to save money, because the Led headlights versions are too expensive, i am trying to connect all cables to a new connector that fix into the headlight Socket. I am identifying all the cables in the harness, testing each one with a test bulb. But unfortunately i can't get light from the low beam neither the high beam cables (blue and red). I have checked the relays and fuses too (are ok). I have connected the red one to the test bulb and the black one (negative) to the frame, but noting happens. If anyone can help me on this matter, i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
The headlamps on the Accent are return side switched. What that means is the bulbs are supplied with 12V via the ignition and the switch sends a ground to the bulbs when the headlamps are switched on.

So to identify the low and high beam wires at the headlamp connector you need to connect your test lamp clip to battery positive then probe the headlamp connector terminals looking for a low beam and high beam switched ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I just installed projectors on my 2015 Accent (with different plug on the projector light as well), so I kinda had to figure out a few things the hard way.
Since the car switches ground (and not hot wire), you have to 1 side headlights:
1 x switched ground indicator
1 x hot indicator
1 x switched ground park/dlr light
1 x hot park/dlr light
1 x switched ground low beam
1 x switched ground high beam
1 x hot common High and Low beam.
I hope this helps you a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts