Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2010 Veracruz Limited and accidently left the headlight switch set to "On" last night. I did not lock the vehicle. The battery is pretty much dead this morning – the car won’t crank, the running lights are dimly lit, there are a few lights blinking on the instrument panel.

Question #1- does anyone know if the vehicle should have emitted an audible alert when I opened my car door to tell me that I had left my lights on? You would think that would be a standard feature.

Question #2 - does anyone know if I had locked the vehicle would the headlights have turned off after 20 mins?

Thanks!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Hmm...as far as I know, the lights are supposed to shut off when you open the door, even with the switch in the on position. Are you sure you didn't leave a dome light on or something like that?

·
1,914 Posts
Like most newer hyundai's (including the Veracruz), they have a delay feature and stay on for 15 seconds then shut off. Since about 2001 if you leave the lights on the on position, take the key out the parking lights will stay on, open the door and the lights shut off. Check your other lights or something is going on with your headlights and I'd have it looked at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts