Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anyone find that the elantra headlights aren't bright. I have a 2011 Elantra GL and find my headlights are very dim compared to other modern cars. Whats your opinion and what upgrades did you guys do?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Easy. HID headlights for sure. I have pics one one of my threads and many other threads in this forum have info and pictures regarding this.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
If you go with HID's dont go the EBay route. I did that and had nothing but problems.

Hyundai Exclusive Products

Order from xenosupply.com, since I had the bulbs and the relay harness I just ordered the Premium slim ballast and have and 0 issues with them.

I was about to switch back to standard bulbs untill I tried xeonsupply.

Not all HID's have the blue hue to them. They do come in different color choices.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed Silverstar zXe bulbs for my low beams. They do have a white look to them. I can really see a difference between them and the stock fog light bulbs. Will be replacing the fogs and high beams this week for sure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had HIDs in previous cars, and I was pleasantly surprised with the light output with this car, so much so that I scrapped any thought of even upgrading the lighting system. Stupid suggestion, but maybe you are not turning the switch all the way??

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I replaced my low and high beams with Philips CrystalVision Ultras. The fogs are 37.5w 5000k bulbs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I replaced my low and high beams with Philips CrystalVision Ultras. The fogs are 37.5w 5000k bulbs.
How do you like the CrystalVision bulbs? I was looking at those but have always went with Silverstars over the years, so decided to stick with them. I see that the CrystalVisions aren't that expensive either.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
What bulbs did you go with? I can't decide between HID's an just better/brighter bulbs. I don't care about that bluish look, I just want crisp white bulbs.
I now have GE nighthawk platinum. Got them on a close out deal for under $20 and I am happy with their output and performance. I previously tried Silverstar that I was happy with output but they had a bright reflection on some signs that I didn't like. I then tried Osram Nightbreaker Plus that didn't really impress me with their overall output. I replace headlight bulbs yearly for safety reasons. Lots of deer and small critters on roads I drive regularly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
How do you like the CrystalVision bulbs? I was looking at those but have always went with Silverstars over the years, so decided to stick with them. I see that the CrystalVisions aren't that expensive either.
I like them a lot. Tried so much different bulbs and most satisfied with these. The beams they throw are clean with minimal distortion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like them a lot. Tried so much different bulbs and most satisfied with these. The beams they throw are clean with minimal distortion.
Good to know about the low beams. I am going to stick the SIlverstars and see how I like them. The Elantra is the wife's car so I only drive it on the weekends and the occasional night out during the week (or 3 min trip to the grocery store). I should have the new fog bulbs tomorrow so we will see how those are gonna work out. I can really see a difference in color and output while driving with the Silverstars and stock fogs right now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How about Osram Night Breaker Plus. I have these for almost 3 years now and I'm very satisfied. Lately, I saw new version of that bulb apparently even better (Osram Night Breaker Unlimited)

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about Osram Night Breaker Plus. I have these for almost 3 years now and I'm very satisfied. Lately, I saw new version of that bulb apparently even better (Osram Night Breaker Unlimited)
I have never tried the Osram Night Breakers. I did just order Nokya Artic White 7000ks for the high beams so will see how those are compared to the Silverstars. They were only $17 on Ebay so I figured it is worth a try. (more than half of what the Silverstars cost)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts