Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Sonata 2015 2.0 T sport model. Have about 40,000 kms on it last week I got dashboard warning check Headlight Low for sure my passenger side headlight was blown out. Went to Canadian Tire and got the 9005 Sylvania bulb which they said is the correct one for my model. When I tried changing it the existing bulb looked totally different called my dealer he said my trim came with a Xenon bulb and it would cost $300 including labor to replace it. Luckily was able to source one online for $50 and its working fine. IF any of you have this problem look for D3S 35W Xenon bulb this would work.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
493 Posts
I have Sonata 2015 2.0 T sport model. Have about 40,000 kms on it last week I got dashboard warning check Headlight Low for sure my passenger side headlight was blown out. Went to Canadian Tire and got the 9005 Sylvania bulb which they said is the correct one for my model. When I tried changing it the existing bulb looked totally different called my dealer he said my trim came with a Xenon bulb and it would cost $300 including labor to replace it. Luckily was able to source one online for $50 and its working fine. IF any of you have this problem look for D3S 35W Xenon bulb this would work.
Well that's what you get for buying premium....lol

But I'm curious. Would that bulb you bought at Canadian Tire fit in the socket?
If so you may have a cheaper option when replacing the headlights. I have a 17 Sonata SE which I'm sure is not the top of the line but the head lights work great as they are.
Or conversely, would the higher end bulbs work in my SE model if I wanted to try a better bulb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's what you get for buying premium....lol

But I'm curious. Would that bulb you bought at Canadian Tire fit in the socket?
If so you may have a cheaper option when replacing the headlights. I have a 17 Sonata SE which I'm sure is not the top of the line but the head lights work great as they are.
Or conversely, would the higher end bulbs work in my SE model if I wanted to try a better bulb.
No way the bulb I bought at Canadian Tire would fit its totally different when I asked the dealer if I could change my headlights to regular ones he said I would have to change all the fitting. Pics of bulbs attached

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts