Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I tried to replace the headlights in my daughters 2007 Accent GLS with OE replacements from Amazon. After doing so, the headlights were very dim and the high beam dash indicator stayed on. I put the old ones back in and returned the replacements. I later purchased another set of replacements and the same thing happen, I contacted the seller and they said the bulbs in the replacements were real bulbs and I should purchase new ones or use the bulbs from the originals and they should work, so I tried both and the same thing happens, the headlights are really dim, dimmer than a flashlight with nearly dead batteries and the dash high beam indicator stays on. So I put the old ones back in, but they're really cloudy and the restore stuff doesn't really help much, so she has trouble seeing at night.

Does anyone know why the replacements won't work?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Walmart auto has headlight restoration service for $40, you can also do yourself without drill, just get detail sander kit and coating. Some aftermarket headlight build in horrible wiring

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Were they actual Hyundai parts? I had some Eagle Eye headlights for my '08 and they were garbage.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If I understand correctly, you bought the entire headlight assembly, including new bulbs, but lighting is not very good.

I recommend just to buy used OEM from E bay, and source a good quality bulb. the reflectors in the aftermarket headlights are probably the main problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Everyone, thanks for the responses. I purchased Eagle Eye OE entire headlight assembly from 2 different sellers on Amazon and bulbs from Autozone. Both did the same thing, the lights were so dim you couldn't have seen an inch in front the car, the high beams didn't work, but the high beam indicator stayed on. had no choice but the return them and put the old foggy ones back in. I used Walmart's restoration service, but all that really does is remove the yellow from the lens, maybe a little bit of the fog, but not enough and so the headlight effectiveness is still pretty bad. My daughter had an accident because she couldn't see something in the road at night and hit it, so I was trying to replace the headlights to make them brighter for her. It just didn't make much sense why 2 sets didn't work and I was hoping there was just something I was doing wrong, but there's not really too much to doing it, so I didn't think so. I suppose I'll have to pay the $500 for genuine Hyundai parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
For brighter head lights, why not buy brighter bulbs??
After restoration of the lenses, Philips crystal vision come in 30%, 60% and 100% brighter than standard bulbs
Installing aftermarket items require a small electrical background when things don't go right

The aftermarket headlight assembly could have taken a different bulb
Putting in the wrong type of bulb can have weird effects
Like high beam indicator being on and low beam being very dim ... lol

Good luck

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Hi Everyone, thanks for the responses. I purchased Eagle Eye OE entire headlight assembly from 2 different sellers on Amazon and bulbs from Autozone. Both did the same thing, the lights were so dim you couldn't have seen an inch in front the car, the high beams didn't work, but the high beam indicator stayed on. had no choice but the return them and put the old foggy ones back in. I used Walmart's restoration service, but all that really does is remove the yellow from the lens, maybe a little bit of the fog, but not enough and so the headlight effectiveness is still pretty bad. My daughter had an accident because she couldn't see something in the road at night and hit it, so I was trying to replace the headlights to make them brighter for her. It just didn't make much sense why 2 sets didn't work and I was hoping there was just something I was doing wrong, but there's not really too much to doing it, so I didn't think so. I suppose I'll have to pay the $500 for genuine Hyundai parts.

Thanks
I hit a deer and it damaged the passenger side headlight. It was replaced with an eagle eye by the body shop. It was nowhere as bright even with the same new bulbs as the 6 year old OE on the drivers side.

And the internal wiring is different because I had the fogs wired to come on with the high beams only. After the eagle eye was put in this quit working. I had to bypass the headlights altogether and just make the fogs independent.

I got a replacement on eBay but they are hard to find used.

And early 2006s headlights have a different plug connector. As I at first got one of these only to find out it will not connect.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,731 Posts
I tried to replace the headlights in my daughters 2007 Accent GLS with OE replacements from Amazon. After doing so, the headlights were very dim and the high beam dash indicator stayed on.
Hi @ssjer2911,

I recommend you installing a set of Replace headlights as a good alternative to OE lighting. Here is the link to view the product:
Replace® - Replacement Headlight at CARiD These lights feature CAPA certification and have been tested by CAPA to ensure their quality.
Replace® - Replacement Headlight (Brand New OE) These lights look and work exactly as the OE lights, just do not have Hyundai logo on them.

This brand offers thousands of replacement parts, including not only lighting, but also body parts, suspension, cooling system, etc. and offers cost-effective alternatives to the OE parts. We offer many other OE-style headlights for your daugther's Accent, however these lights are something we keep getting a lot of positive reviews on.

If you are looking at better headlight bulb options, you may want to install an LED conversion kit to upgrate lighting. These kits are just plug-and-play, and installation does not require any wire cutting or altering the headlight assemblies. You can pick an LED upgrade kit as an option for your Replace headlights.

If you still want to go with the regular non-LED bulbs, we recommend installing headlight bulbs by Sylvania. SilverStar Ultra or zXe are noticeably brighter, than average halogen or incandescent car bulbs. Below is the link to view the bulb options Sylvania offers for the 2007 Accent headlights:
Sylvania® - Headlight Bulbs for 2007 Hyundai Accent at CARiD

Hope you find this information helpful. Feel free to contact us directly if you need any help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts