Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 HSH Limited, black. With rear vents and heated seats! 165,000 km (103,000 miles) :)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I say "first-gen" I mean cosmetically. If I'm not mistaken, the '11-'15 HSH are cosmetically the same.
There's not much written on this forum about this so I thought I'd begin a thread. I have a '14 HSH Limited.
The first-gen HSH ships with poor headlights. Drivers have complained about their orientation and low power. My vehicle suffers from the latter. I did a bit of research and discovered that people recommend using HID bulbs over LED when dealing with projector housing, since LED light is more focused and HID has more "ambient" light that can be leveraged by the projector.
People also mentioned that some aftermarket lights do not fit inside the dust cover.

If you've replaced the low/high beams on your '11-'15 HSH, would you please share which lights you used, and if they're LED - how that worked out for you?
Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
LED's on low, high and driving , huge improvement , I have a 40 min commute on the highway when most people are still asleep , the OEM were terrible even on high beam in the rain.
Bit of a pain getting fitment, a good shop is able to make it happen without much problem

my two cents

wfd59

smart people run out of burning buildings

·
Registered
835 Posts
In the last few years makers of LED headlight replacements have gotten their act together and developed bulbs that focus properly and are brighter than halogen.
I'm very happy with Hikari bulbs on my Tucson and they only cost $40 for the pair.
I advise you look on Amazon for two sided units with good reviews.

·
Registered
2014 HSH Limited, black. With rear vents and heated seats! 165,000 km (103,000 miles) :)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LED's on low, high and driving , huge improvement , I have a 40 min commute on the highway when most people are still asleep , the OEM were terrible even on high beam in the rain.
Bit of a pain getting fitment, a good shop is able to make it happen without much problem

my two cents

wfd59

smart people run out of burning buildings
Which LED's did you get for each? And no issue with using LEDs with projectors?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the last few years makers of LED headlight replacements have gotten their act together and developed bulbs that focus properly and are brighter than halogen.
I'm very happy with Hikari bulbs on my Tucson and they only cost $40 for the pair.
I advise you look on Amazon for two sided units with good reviews.
Thanks! Does the Tuscon use projector or reflector housing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts