Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not be a problem-- I'm not sure how the "stock" headlights work.

I have a 2013 Ltd. 2.0T. I've installed HIDs in the low beams using the relay harness from XS. The low beams work fine. The high beam (halogen) bulbs work fine as DRL and as high beams. When the high beams are switched ON, the low beam HID remain on.

However with headlights OFF in the daylight, if I use the "flash-to-pass" function-- the HIDs also flash.

I'm just trying to learn if it is NORMAL for the low beam to also "flash" along with the high beam when you do a quick flash to pass. :confused:

The only reason this concerns me is that I have read that the rapid on/off condition of the flash to pass function is not ideal for the HID ballast units.

I'm sure someone with a stock headlight setup can verify this.

I never thought to check this before I installed the HIDs.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
the sonata has a 4 lamp high beam circuit (lows and highs combined)
so the flash to pass would just be a "momentary" controller for the same circuit

the 4 lamp system is much safer with hids
my last car had hids and it was a scary few seconds for them to warm up when switching from highs to lows ...virtually blind for a few seconds in the dark

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree re: the safety concern, but I have to say that when my HIDs flash, it ticks me off (because it's not good for the HIDs to flash on/off like that).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.