Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
That would explain why it was always hot. I have fog lights. I live in the country and use the driving lights with the highs. Which should I use for the lows on, driving lights off and highs on, driving lights on? Thanks for your help.
Because of Hyundai's factory wiring, to have the driving lights (auxiliary high beams , NOT fog lights ;)) come on with the factory high beams (and go off when the lights/ignition are off), you'll need to trigger the relay (#86) by tapping into the red (high beam hot) wire. Tap into the green (ground) wire; this goes to #85 on the relay. #30 is the main power in from the battery (obviously, fuse this). #87 feeds the driving lights. The ground from the lights goes to chassis ground (NOT the ground on the relay).

I did this directly @ the connector to the headlight bulb. Had to drill 2 small holes through the Dust Cap. Installed grommets and sealed with silicone.

There is probably a way of doing this @ the multi switch, but I took the << easy :wallbash: >> way out after spending, literally, HOURS of trying different things. It works, and that's the bottom line.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did use the Hella harness to connect to the relay and the driving lights, but had to splice wires to get the trigger/ relay ground working properly. Your driving light harness is based on switching the positive ( as the vast majority of vehicles do), but Hyundai switches the ground, so, in order to use the existing switch, fiddling about is needed. I just gave up and stopped searching for an alternative to drilling into the removable dust cover (NOT the headlight housing; the cap you remove to change the headlight bulb). IS there another way? Probably.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.