Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
9,061 Posts
I have my fogs as driving lights wired so they come on whenever the key is on and the fog switch is on. It was a simple cut and splice at the MFS wiring on the steering column.

The fog's jumper the ground at the switch to the low beam ground from the factory, this is how they only come on with the low beams. You need to cut this looped jumper and ground it directly to the chassis under the dash.

Take off the shroud around the column and on my car it was the right side connector that had the small looped black wire at the connector.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
I did this on my Accent when I put n OE fog lights with HIDs. Just used a relay that was fired by the high beam relay. Added a switch and indicator LED too. I ended up just wiring the fogs so they will come on anytime the key is in run and the switch is on.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
I would do this at the multifunction switch on the column. The high beams will turn on with the ground that is made there. The ground may go to the BCM or directly to the power module I'm not sure but it could be used to fire a relay..

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Grounds are black. But without a connector pin map or wire diagram it would be impossible to tell you. A multimeter will tell you if you know how to use it, looking for voltages and grounds.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
I'm pretty sure the high beam uses a ground wire from the turn signal switch. Just splice into that for a relay coil ground and connect the rest hot with a fuse and to the light.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
The way I wire LEDs that are on computer grounded circuits is to wire them hot and then use the led ground at the relay. Then when the device is tuned on the led lights up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.