Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Accent and have installing driving lights. I am looking for the correct high beam wire on the driver’s side on the headlight assembly. I will then run this to a relay so that when I turn on my highs, the driving lights will come on. I have tried to locate the correct wire but the one wire that is hot when the highs are on, is still hot when the car is off as well as the lights. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
By driving lights you mean Fog Lamps? If so, the system works out on the ground (negative wire) and not on the Supply wire (Positive wire) if you are using a harness ( which I think you are) use the left side headlamp connector and splice the blue wire for you supply wire and the red for control.
That way will work as factory - low beam fog lamps on / high beam fog lamps off.
If you need a harness let me know have some available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would explain why it was always hot. I have fog lights. I live in the country and use the driving lights with the highs. Which should I use for the lows on, driving lights off and highs on, driving lights on? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That would explain why it was always hot. I have fog lights. I live in the country and use the driving lights with the highs. Which should I use for the lows on, driving lights off and highs on, driving lights on? Thanks for your help.
Because of Hyundai's factory wiring, to have the driving lights (auxiliary high beams , NOT fog lights ;)) come on with the factory high beams (and go off when the lights/ignition are off), you'll need to trigger the relay (#86) by tapping into the red (high beam hot) wire. Tap into the green (ground) wire; this goes to #85 on the relay. #30 is the main power in from the battery (obviously, fuse this). #87 feeds the driving lights. The ground from the lights goes to chassis ground (NOT the ground on the relay).

I did this directly @ the connector to the headlight bulb. Had to drill 2 small holes through the Dust Cap. Installed grommets and sealed with silicone.

There is probably a way of doing this @ the multi switch, but I took the << easy :wallbash: >> way out after spending, literally, HOURS of trying different things. It works, and that's the bottom line.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did use the Hella harness to connect to the relay and the driving lights, but had to splice wires to get the trigger/ relay ground working properly. Your driving light harness is based on switching the positive ( as the vast majority of vehicles do), but Hyundai switches the ground, so, in order to use the existing switch, fiddling about is needed. I just gave up and stopped searching for an alternative to drilling into the removable dust cover (NOT the headlight housing; the cap you remove to change the headlight bulb). IS there another way? Probably.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 auxiliary light wiring diagram.. Help?

I did use the Hella harness to connect to the relay and the driving lights, but had to splice wires to get the trigger/ relay ground working properly. Your driving light harness is based on switching the positive ( as the vast majority of vehicles do), but Hyundai switches the ground, so, in order to use the existing switch, fiddling about is needed. I just gave up and stopped searching for an alternative to drilling into the removable dust cover (NOT the headlight housing; the cap you remove to change the headlight bulb). IS there another way? Probably.
Yeah. Old thread, but i need some answers. So.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 auxiliary light wiring diagram. Is there someone who can tell me how this is done? I do it all the time om other cars. Bit this car has something funky going on...

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
9,058 Posts
I have my fogs as driving lights wired so they come on whenever the key is on and the fog switch is on. It was a simple cut and splice at the MFS wiring on the steering column.

The fog's jumper the ground at the switch to the low beam ground from the factory, this is how they only come on with the low beams. You need to cut this looped jumper and ground it directly to the chassis under the dash.

Take off the shroud around the column and on my car it was the right side connector that had the small looped black wire at the connector.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,387 Posts
Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 auxiliary light wiring diagram. Is there someone who can tell me how this is done? I do it all the time om other cars. Bit this car has something funky going on...
I don't know what you mean by funky, but if you can explain what your doing and what the problem is I'll probably be able to help you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The easiest way I can think of is...

Wire the DRL to an empty accessory fuse. This will make them turn on all the time.
You will need to install a relay connected to the high beam so the DRL shuts off when the high beam is activated.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
9,058 Posts
I did this on my Accent when I put n OE fog lights with HIDs. Just used a relay that was fired by the high beam relay. Added a switch and indicator LED too. I ended up just wiring the fogs so they will come on anytime the key is in run and the switch is on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to the forum and trying to wire up a light bar on my 13 Accent and can’t figure it out even after reading your posts. I’m looking to wire the light bar into the high beam but seems the HB reverts back to Hot when the ignition is turned off. Can someone please explain the steps to me so I can get this completed.
???

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,387 Posts
You need to connect your additional lamp (or the relay your using to power it) in parallel with the high beam headlamp bulb. The photo below shows where the high beam headlamp wires are on the headlamp connector. Sorry, I couldn't find a photo of an actual RB Accent connector so the wire colours are different to what is on your car. The position of the wires on the connector should be the same though.

To make your additional lamp illuminate along with the high beam headlamp you connect the positive side of your additional lamp to the center (orange) wire and connect the negative side to the wire that is left of center (the white wire). Notice, the connector securing clip is towards the top.

If your using a relay to power the additional lamp you connect the relay coil (85 & 86 terminals) to the orange and white wires. The relay 30 terminal would connect to battery positive via a suitable fuse, and the 87 terminal would connect to the positive side of the additional lamp. The negative side of the lamp would connect to ground (the car body).

ORANGE - HEADLAMP SUPPLY (ignition +12V)
WHITE - HIGH BEAM CONTROL (ground via stalk switch)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.