Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm stumped. My partner and I own a CDN 2011 Tucson Limited. A few days ago the driver's side HB/LB stopped working. Figuring I'd blown the bulb, I replaced both the driver's and passenger's headlight bulbs. The passenger's works fine but even after replacing the driver's side bulb, neither the highbeam or lowbeam works. All the other lights (parking, turn signal, fog) works fine. Unless I'm crazy, that leaves the fuse but for the life of me, I have no idea which fuse to check as the manual is void of anything headlight-fuse related.

Help!

·
Registered
126 Posts
As far as I can see the headlights use intelligent power switching.
This seems to be powered by the multifuse.
See attached pics from manual.
They are probably expensive so maybe try a multifuse from another IX35.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the PDFs. I checked the multi-fuse, it's in good condition. I futzed around with the fuses in the driver's fuse compartment and the headlights seem to be connected to the ROOMLP circuit. Despite changing the fuse, trying a second set of lights, the driver's HB/LB refuses to work. Odd, odd, odd.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,803 Posts
Most newer Hyundais run the headlights from the IPS contol module. It's attached to the interior fuse box. The signal goes from the switch to the BCM to the ISP and then splits up to the individual headlights. This is for both low and hi beams.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip. After pulling the ROOMLP fuse and seeing that the passenger light did not come on, I'm fairly confident it's either a relay or wiring issue. Unfortunately it is still -5 C where I live so I've resigned myself to having a dealer trace the problem.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So stupid question but I cannot find an answer in the owners manual. My girl rear ended another car a few months ago and caused 5k in damage to her tuscon. So we get it back and when she has the "auto" headlights on there are no daytime running lamps. She swears there were lights on during the day and I checked the manual and it does not mention this feature. I thought if a car had auto headlights daytime running lamps were required do to rain/wiper laws or something like that? So bottom line am I crazy does the Tucson have daytime running lights? If so why wont they work on her car? When it gets dark out the headlights turn on so IDK what to do. The mechanic told her to leave the lights in the on position and that the lights work fine....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the same problem. My wife was able to coerce it to go on by turning on the highs a few times and turn the headlight switch on and off. I cannot reproduce the same results. I'll have the warranty fix this. I'll update with the diagnosis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was anyone able to find a resolution to this? It just happened to my 2012 Tucson. The HB work on the right side but not the LB. I thought it was a bad bulb so I replaced it and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't really have anything for you. My headlights currently work off a relay and not the wiring harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replying to this again to see if anyone has resolved this or has more insight into this. My 2012 LB on the right side stopped working. Replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work. HB are fine though. Can't see to find where the fault is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought I would provide an update on this issue for me. Had a mechanic look at it, finally, & I needed a new cabin fuse box. They are $300 new but I was able to find one at a local salvage yard for under $70. All headlamps are working now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts