Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I noticed my left headlight on my 2009 Elantra was burnt out. I also noticed the left fog light was burnt out, but the brights and directionals are still fine. Do the fog lights only work if the headlight is working, or are they both needing replaced?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Today, I noticed my left headlight on my 2009 Elantra was burnt out. I also noticed the left fog light was burnt out, but the brights and directionals are still fine. Do the fog lights only work if the headlight is working, or are they both needing replaced?
Easy to test. Replace the headlight bulb first, then check to see if the fog is working or not. If not, replace it as well.

Or, alternately, to test, unplug the headlight on the side where the headlamp and fog light still work 100%. Observe when the headlight is unplugged whether the fog light also goes out or stays on.

Make sure not to touch the bulb glass with your skin. It will leave oil residue and shorten the bulb life. If you accidentally touch it, clean off with rubbing alcohol before reinstalling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you still have problems, after checking bulbs, fuses, etc... Then you might need to replace your Control Module located in the Engine compartment... Happened to me and Dealer fixed it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts