Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my 2012 Elantra GL from thr standard halogen assembly to projector assembly(s) out of curiosity I've been poking around as I prefer to stick OEM would a projector assembly from a Elantra GT fit? I've tried to compare pictures, asked the Dealer and nobody (including myself) seems to know! Anyone? ?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Looking to upgrade my 2012 Elantra GL from thr standard halogen assembly to projector assembly(s) out of curiosity I've been poking around as I prefer to stick OEM would a projector assembly from a Elantra GT fit? I've tried to compare pictures, asked the Dealer and nobody (including myself) seems to know! Anyone? ?
go ebay. put in hyundai elantra projector headlights. dozens will come up. all for 11-13my. none for 14-16(sniff). great price, too.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go ebay. put in hyundai elantra projector headlights. dozens will come up. all for 11-13my. none for 14-16(sniff). great price, too.
More curious on whether the 2012 Elantra GT headlights are the same shape as Elantra GL; just can't confirm based on pictures and Google searches ?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
i also wondered about that. i have been looking for projector lights for a long time, and the gt lights are way less expensive. they are different part numbers, and way different prices. the same exists for sedan headlights, us or korean built, different part numbers, and big price difference. i am no longer looking, i have my lights, just now waiting for my led bulbs to come in. if you do find out, post your answer

·
Registered
799 Posts
All these OEMs parts don't quite have exact designations
GT: #92101-A5000
2011-2013 sedan: #92101-3Y000
2014-2016 sedan: #92102-3X
2014-2016 sedan w/ projector & led drl: HY2503188
Aftermarket: limitless....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
All these OEMs parts don't quite have exact designations
GT: #92101-A5000
2011-2013 sedan: #92101-3Y000
2014-2016 sedan: #92102-3X
2014-2016 sedan w/ projector & led drl: HY2503188
Aftermarket: limitless....
11-13 have 6 pin connector
14-16 have 8 pin
projector is completely different from first 2. and it gets even more complicated, between us built and korean built. plus, there are non-led drl assemblies. i have access to both korean built and us built headlight w/led drl, but only for sedan. dunno about gt vs sdn

·
Registered
799 Posts
11-13 have 6 pin connector
14-16 have 8 pin
projector is completely different from first 2. and it gets even more complicated, between us built and korean built. plus, there are non-led drl assemblies. i have access to both korean built and us built headlight w/led drl, but only for sedan. dunno about gt vs sdn
Yep. Korean and American assemblies are the same though. I have passenger side shipped from korea and driver side american bought local.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts