Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've scoured the owner's manual and the only reference to the headlight specification is that they are 55 watts.
I suppose this is so that owners would be more likely to return to the Hyundai parts counter to get replacements :whistling: (!?!)

Anyways the 2009 seems to take H7 style.

Can anyone confirm that for me? 2010 AWD Sport.

I want to upgrade to GE Platinum Nighthawks. The stock bulbs are pretty darn good, but with the moose population here, a few extra candle power won't hurt.

Thanks in advance... :beer:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Just take the bulb out and look at the writing on the bulb... it will indicate if H7, H11 or what ever..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will be the ultimate clarification if it's actually printed on them somewhere.
I just checked some OEM bulbs from previous cars and theres nothing on them.

Ideally I'd like to know BEFORE removing them so I can just pick up the new ones and do it all at the same time.

So....anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (Haith @ May 1 2010, 09:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318679
That will be the ultimate clarification if it's actually printed on them somewhere.
I just checked some OEM bulbs from previous cars and theres nothing on them.

Ideally I'd like to know BEFORE removing them so I can just pick up the new ones and do it all at the same time.

So....anyone know for sure?

2010 Santa Fe's have h11b... take you bulb out (1 min process) and confirm. I am 95% sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE (Haith @ May 1 2010, 11:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318507
OK I've scoured the owner's manual and the only reference to the headlight specification is that they are 55 watts.
I suppose this is so that owners would be more likely to return to the Hyundai parts counter to get replacements :whistling: (!?!)

Anyways the 2009 seems to take H7 style.

Can anyone confirm that for me? 2010 AWD Sport.

I want to upgrade to GE Platinum Nighthawks. The stock bulbs are pretty darn good, but with the moose population here, a few extra candle power won't hurt.

Thanks in advance... :beer:
They are H11B bulbs. I just recently did an HID upgrade on the low beams. There are currently no upgrades bulbs available in that size. I have emailed sylvania and they have no plans to release upgraded bulbs as Hyundai and Kia are the only auto makers using them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts