Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Anyone know if there is a headlight adjustment for up and down on the 2020 palisade?

We are interested in purchasing one and the vehical we test drove seems that the lights are shining way to low and the dealer says that’s how they are

I don’t believe that there is no adjustment
Am I wrong ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tips, but this is why I’m asking is that the dealer says the lights suppose to be like this ( like how would a brand new vehicle suppose to leave the entire oncoming lane completely dark )

These are new and none of these technicians have a clue how to work on these

If there is an obvious height adjustment that’s great if not the vehicle stays at the dealer

·
Registered
37 Posts
No one can give me an answer if the lights can be adjusted and that’s all I’m looking for
Very easy adjustment from under the hood. You just need a long philips screwdriver. One of the easiest I’ve ever done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I completely agree, this is what the dealer was telling me the lights don’t adjust, I thought that was completely crazy and I heard of

I don’t own the car, and the Manual is obviously with the dealer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Please dont adjust your headlights just because you think it is aimed too low. By adjusting them up, you may very well be blinding oncoming cars. Headlights are supposed to illuminate the road and they come calibrated from the factory. If you believe your headlights are not calibrated properly, bring it to the dealership and let them service it, as there is a proper procedure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You people need to read the question I asked from the start

I’m looking to buy this vehicle, the one I test drove the lights are basically pointing down it seems and if the headlights from factory are to be exactly as set well I think it’s a real danger if I can’t see the dam road I’m driving on

·
Registered
1 Posts
The lights seem low to you because they are, they're in the bumper and not up on the fender like most vehicles. Meaning the lights could be aimed properly and not be lighting up much of the road itself because they're aimed out from a lower angle rather than down from a higher one.

But to answer your question, yes. They almost certainly do have an adjustment. Depending on the lights the one you drove had equipped adjusting them higher is not advisable. The lenses are likely projector lenses, and they have a built in "cut-off" so your headlights don't blind drivers in the other lane, pretty sure that's the main reason they were moved down to the bumper because it sure isn't for styling. If you adjust them up you will be causing issues for every other car you pass head on and if the one you drove had the optional LED headlights they're quite powerful and would certainly be a problem for anyone they are aimed at.

Did the one you drove have the LED headlights?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
You people need to read the question I asked from the start

I’m looking to buy this vehicle, the one I test drove the lights are basically pointing down it seems and if the headlights from factory are to be exactly as set well I think it’s a real danger if I can’t see the dam road I’m driving on
I would suggest you return to the dealer for another night time test drive. Have the sales rep select a different car...same model. Try it. See if the lights are the same. I seriously doubt youy'd find two vehicles with mis-adjusted headlights. Also note the precaution by MrSo0h0o. He is spot on especially with the new high intensity LED lamps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello!
Anyone know if there is a headlight adjustment for up and down on the 2020 palisade?

We are interested in purchasing one and the vehical we test drove seems that the lights are shining way to low and the dealer says that’s how they are

I don’t believe that there is no adjustment
Am I wrong ?
I just hope that you are not one of those jerks that drive around blinding everyone. The new headlights are super bright. it really hurts when people do not adjust their lights correctly and LEGALLY!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the informed information regarding the questions I asked really appreciate your advice and tips, I will take all into consideration on our decision to purchase

and for all the key board trolls please don’t comment unless you have something useful to say, your really just wasting all our time,
Cause I really want to be blinding people 🙄 I just want to be able to see the road I’m driving on,
I don’t live in a large city most of my driving is on rural highways with with a large amount of wildlife so having good headlights is a huge thing for us

thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried the bright lights with the auto dimming feature? It works great on mine and would be very good for your rural roads. It will show you everything you need to see and then dim automatically when a car is approaching.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1) Headlights are lower compared to what? They are exactly 2' higher than my Z06 and they seem to work fine illuminating the road.

2) Don't adjust your headlights yourself. That's the dealer's job and like others have said, you have no idea what the correct angle should be.

3) Automatic brights are the best thing ever. 2019 Cherokee has them, 2017 Avalon has them, sadly Z06 does not.

4) And finally to the OP. Any dealer that can't handle a simple question like headlight adjustability, does not deserve my business. Can't wait for you to get you first oil change. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1) Headlights are lower compared to what? They are exactly 2' higher than my Z06 and they seem to work fine illuminating the road.

2) Don't adjust your headlights yourself. That's the dealer's job and like others have said, you have no idea what the correct angle should be.

3) Automatic brights are the best thing ever. 2019 Cherokee has them, 2017 Avalon has them, sadly Z06 does not.

4) And finally to the OP. Any dealer that can't handle a simple question like headlight adjustability, does not deserve my business. Can't wait for you to get you first oil change. LOL
No, had. I plans of ever adjusting myself
Really only wanted to confirm that they could be adjusted,
I really have no confidence in most dealers, as most not all most technicians in the places around here are clueless on how to diagnose issues unless the computer takes them step by step

I agree on the auto bright/dimming
I have them on my platinum f-350
But as this is a large vehical and the LED lights are huge and bright I often get the feeling that I’m blasting the light right through everyone’s cab without intention, and they are factory set height

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree with 'most dealers'. I wish the sales and service departments would work together to take care of customers through the sale and the service piece. I have a local Chevy dealer (Parks Chevrolet) that I took my CTS-V's to since 2010, way before I bought a Corvette. Their service won me over.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts