Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I've just joined the club having bought a 2011 iX35 2.0i 4WD (Comfort model). I haven't actually picked up the car but and am looking for a good source of info on potential aftermarket mods.

I'd have thought that this would be a 'must have' for many drivers of the iX35 considering that a) it's one of the only discernable differenced in the 2014 model, and b) how excellent the LED work from a safety perspective..

Any suggestions guys? Looking at the few posts on here, it seems that there's a 6-10pin adapter needed but only from Korea?

Thanks in advance. Kev.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just hard wire it. Shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be interested to know as well. Already been looking into this.

I'm not sure it would be a straight swap. These are xenon? They have different power supplies. Also, the led lights are switched? There likely won't be the wiring / switch for the LED's, though presumably they could be rigged as running lights, always on.

If anyone gets these, or knows, please let us know how they get on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm almost resigned to building my own adapter since it seems that there's such a low demand for this mod. I'm amazed that no one has seen an opportunity to make money here. After all, we have the pin-out for the 6 and 10 pin plugs needed at each end, so it's a 20 minute job to build the adapter surely?

I reckon I'd pay £50 or more to have a plug and play adapter, as there's no way I'll hack the wires and potentially invalidate my warranty.

On top of this there's the DRL complication. It seems that the standard iX35 doesn't have DRL (daylight running lights), so some kind of relay is needed....

....and that's where I lose interest/confidence. Reading the posts of smoking lights, and blowing resisters, that's definitely not a game I want to play.

So I guess I'll just wait until one of our Asian friends manages to market a plug and play product that I can fit and unfit when the car needs to go into the main dealer.

It's not rocket science, but it seems that the Hyundai market is very very slow on the uptake with these mods. Having just sold my BMW X5 there are 000's of threads on how to update the headlights. For this seemingly simple mod, just a couple of worthwhile threads and none with a solution to the problem.

Guess it's just a waiting game....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts