Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I know this question has been asked a few times but no one has given an answer. I've just purchased a i40 1.7 estate and my only issue is the very bad headlamp beam. I drive at night for a living so I feel it is very dangerous. Please can someone help with this issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013' model with xenon headlamp and seems to be adequate beam of my lamps... Which type did you mean?

Odoslané z WAS-LX1A pomocou Tapatalku

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. I know this question has been asked a few times but no one has given an answer. I've just purchased a i40 1.7 estate and my only issue is the very bad headlamp beam. I drive at night for a living so I feel it is very dangerous. Please can someone help with this issue
Legally is nothing much we can do. I have the same simple halogen projectors... You can fit them with aftermarket hid kits, but it will not be legal. Any halogen lamp fitted will be rubbish as well.... I am running the most expensive osram halogen bulbs.... Still ages behind the xenon lights.

Sent from my phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. Do you think would OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H7, next generation, 150% more brightness, halogen headlamp, 64210NL-HCB, 12v be any good. If any one else has comments please post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've installed Led bulbs into my i40 tourer. At first I had bulbs with just 2 led strips, which weren't a huge improvement, but I've since fitted bulbs with 4 strips (in a square pattern), and they seem much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts

There the bulbs I'm using now. They plug directly into the OEM harness, but an adaptor is to be used to fit them to the headlight:

It can be a little tricky to get them to fit perfectly, I had to file down the adaptor a little and I used glue to bond the adaptor and light.

·
Registered
57 Posts

There the bulbs I'm using now. They plug directly into the OEM harness, but an adaptor is to be used to fit them to the headlight:

It can be a little tricky to get them to fit perfectly, I had to file down the adaptor a little and I used glue to bond the adaptor and light.
It seems that no one including the dealers know how to adjust the headlights properly. I have been told by service garages that the newer vehicles do not have adjustments I have a 2010 Sonata and it has adjustable headlights. For service people to say that new vehicle's headlights cannot be adjusted is pure nonsense. You don't need brighter lights to blind oncoming drivers, you need to adjust the healights properly. My owner's manual shows how to do it and it is the old tried and true method of using a screen. Most DMVs in the USA have standards for headlight adjustment using a screen. So if it is not in your owner's manual contact your state DMV. On new vehicles the entire headlight pod is adjustable with screws.
If you take it to the dealer and they tell you the headlights cannot be adjusted, tell them you want your money back. If the headlights cannot be adjusted the vehicle is in violation of Federal and State's Motor Vehicle Laws. I know many are not adjusted properly because I get blinded at night and it seems many people are driving around Houston, Texas with the high beams on all the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The answer is, adjust the headlight beam properly or get replacements because to cover is so badly oxidized that not much light is getting out.
Get a mnual for your car or look on YouTube for headlight adjustment or headlight aiming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts