Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

Recently had a headlamp pop in my 2013 i20. It was the left hand (passenger side) bulb and I was a bit worried after reading it was a tight fit to replace. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to replace it and could fit my hand inside the unit from the bonnet with no issues.
Simply removed the clip holding the blown bulb in, took the old bulb out, plugged in the new one - popped it back in with the catch locked and the job was done.
Unfortunately I've noticed that the 'headlight levelling device' is only adjusting my driver side bulb's beam level - and I'm a bit worried that my left one is pointing high.
Am I correct in thinking the levelling device (the dial under the steering wheel) should be lowering/raising both headlamps?

If this is the case any advice on where you think I might have gone wrong - or how I fix the levelling I'd be very grateful!
Many thanks

Edit: I should add that I've looked in the manual at manually adjusting the levels with the screws, but was hoping people could point me in the direction of either a better guide or ideas about what I've done which would lead to the electronic adjustment not working.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
Am I correct in thinking the levelling device (the dial under the steering wheel) should be lowering/raising both headlamps?
Yes, it should.

walterfilbert said:
If this is the case any advice on where you think I might have gone wrong - or how I fix the levelling I'd be very grateful!
I don't know what you could have done when replacing a bulb that could effect the adjuster. Could it maybe have failed before the bulb popped and you just didn't notice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply autospark - that's really helpful to know. It is possible that the adjuster failed before I replaced the bulb and I didn't notice.
When the rain next lets up i'll get back under my car and have a closer look at the way the bulb is sat and double check the left lamp definitely isn't moving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts