Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The only thing that annoys me is not the parcel shelf, its no indicator light for the headlamp when switch on.

Do you guys notice this?????

Surely in this day and age on a modern car is unheard of, I know its a budget car but I dont think is going to cost that much, maybe only pence.

I nearly had a accident at night-time because of this.

On the day-time, if I forget to turn off the headlamp the night before, the incoming traffic will start flashing their light at me, because strangely
there is no headlamp warning buzzer when leaving the vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (gijane888 @ May 11 2010, 02:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321700

The only thing that annoys me is not the parcel shelf, its no indicator light for the headlamp when switch on.

Do you guys notice this?????

Surely in this day and age on a modern car is unheard of, I know its a budget car but I dont think is going to cost that much, maybe only pence.

I nearly had a accident at night-time because of this.

On the day-time, if I forget to turn off the headlamp the night before, the incoming traffic will start flashing their light at me, because strangely
there is no headlamp warning buzzer when leaving the vehicle.
When i turn of my i10 the headlights turns of by them self.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very few cars have a headlamp 'on' light, my 2002 Astra hasn't. They all have a full beam 'on' lamp though, but I think that may be a legal requirement.

I have an i10 classic, and my car chimes at you when you open the door if youve left the lights on. Maybe you just haven't noticed it, or the ignition isn't all the way off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Edjecadetje @ May 11 2010, 07:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321806
Huh?

You check if your headlights are on with the indicator light?
In the dark? :puzzled:
I had a bad night, lost in gambling, wife's moaning, and very late and very tired.

Jump in the car and drive as normal, until i got to the motorway, where it was pitch dark as that section does not have lights,
and suddenly road works with reflective cones, nearly crashes into it, then I realise no headlights!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (ianwayne @ May 11 2010, 04:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321731
Very few cars have a headlamp 'on' light, my 2002 Astra hasn't. They all have a full beam 'on' lamp though, but I think that may be a legal requirement.

I have an i10 classic, and my car chimes at you when you open the door if youve left the lights on. Maybe you just haven't noticed it, or the ignition isn't all the way off?

Classic has the chime but comfort and style have auto off headlights. Soon as the drivers doors opens when ignition is off the lights turn off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (gijane888 @ May 11 2010, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321809
I had a bad night, lost in gambling, wife's moaning, and very late and very tired.

Jump in the car and drive as normal, until i got to the motorway, where it was pitch dark as that section does not have lights,
and suddenly road works with reflective cones, nearly crashes into it, then I realise no headlights!!
Surely if it was dark you would realise your lights were not on as the streets (even lit ones) would be dark and you would have struggled to see what speed you were doing as the dashboard would not be lit either.

If you did not notice these things, how would you notice a little light on the dash telling you the lights were on?

·
Registered
196 Posts
QUOTE (Duuncan @ May 11 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321819
Classic has the chime but comfort and style have auto off headlights. Soon as the drivers doors opens when ignition is off the lights turn off.
I thought there may be a difference which is why I said I had the Classic. You get the 'chime' if only the sidelight is left on as well.

On a Comfort or Style, how do you deliberately leave the lights on when, say, parked on a dangerous corner? Or you want to use the lights to see something, but without leaving the keys in the ignition? Is there an over-ride?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (ianwayne @ May 11 2010, 09:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321853
I thought there may be a difference which is why I said I had the Classic. You get the 'chime' if only the sidelight is left on as well.

On a Comfort or Style, how do you deliberately leave the lights on when, say, parked on a dangerous corner? Or you want to use the lights to see something, but without leaving the keys in the ignition? Is there an over-ride?
Good point.........just found this.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (ianwayne @ May 11 2010, 09:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321853

QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ May 11 2010, 09:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321858
Good point.........just found this.

Yeah theres an override but Mr Pogle beat me to it :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts