Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
good luck getting one any time soon.. personally I dont think it will happen for a couple of years if ever as the Elantra is not a "tuner" car, at least from a reputable company.

How about you gut the cat, it will have a very similar effect. I am assuming we have the typical primary cat the the manifold and a secondary one futher down stream. If that is the case, gut them both as you wont pass a sniffer test with just one of them and the ECU tricks are not the most reliable from what I have found in the past.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Headers ... on our car ..... really??? What do yo hope to gain besides working to void you warranty? If you want power and speed then you should have bought a car that would give you that. Not being a dick - just askin' ?????

·
Registered
459 Posts
Let me correct you... HEADER! not a V so there's only one. Lol and Boardman it depends on your dealer. As long as I do what my Service Manager says to do, I won't have warranty issues ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
As long as you have the non-California emissions regulated manifold, there is really nothing to be gained.

Looking at the stock 4-1 design, unless you do other supportive mods (cams, p&p, intake etc.) there is no point.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Are the car companies really still making 2 different exhaust systems, one for CA emissions (and states which had adopted the CA standard) and the rest of the USA?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Are the car companies really still making 2 different exhaust systems, one for CA emissions (and states which had adopted the CA standard) and the rest of the USA?
I have no clue since Calif. dealers have a mix of PZEV (models xxxxxF4P) and non (xxxxxF45). Mine is D1503F45 - GT manual trans non-PZEV.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well

If you really want to make your car "fast" then theoretically you should put the best brakes you can without over coming the brake torque of your car's power-to-weight ratio. Second to that is to lower the differential gearing, but since this car already has 4.33 ring and pinon setup, unless you plan on going drag racing I don't think that's an option for this car.

Unless you fiddle with transmission gearing and THAT is beyond me, and my wallet!!!

Just saying

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1.8 Elantra engine already come equipped with a shrt tube header..pre and post cat ox sensors for fuel trim and cat monitoring..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts