Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited that includes the 8" touchscreen head unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I've had persistent issues with the audio settings (Sound Balance and Variable EQ options) not applying. The issue mostly occurs after the cars been turned off for more than an hour or two.

When I turn the car on, the audio sounds flat. If I go into these options, the configuration is still intact, but it’s pretty clear the settings are not affecting the audio. If I edit any value on the Sound Balance screen (eg move one value up or down 1 point), that full config (Bass, Mid Treble) will be reapplied. Same goes for the EQ screen, toggle between another pre-set, it’ll kick back into life. It also seems when it does retain the configuration, the settings are applied a couple of seconds after the head unit turns on, you can clearly hear the sound change when they apply.

If anyone has had the same issue id love to know, and if you were able to find a solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
Hyundai Tucson '11 (sold), Hyundai New Tucson '17 (current)
12 Posts
I had the exact same issue, so did many others in this forum. It's a software issue, I didn't even tried to update the software on my unit because I was going to swap it out for a Carplay-compatible stock unit anyway (which comes with the newer models of the stock nav unit)... which I expected not to have the same issue.. and it didn't.

So, all I can recommend is to try and update your unit's software and see if that sorts it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts