Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a company that makes exact replacements (in other words, easy) for the head units in the Sonata?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depends on what trim level you have. Do you have this one? 2015_hyundai_sonata_se-pic-7641230911706838499-640x480.jpeg If so then you can get almost any aftermarket and it will work with a PAC or Metra Steering Wheel control module. If it's this one hyundai head unit.png then you can still do the same BUT you will lose out on the separate controls. There isn't any major aftermarket stereo companies that will give you back full control of your separate controls as that is on own its circuit. Even if you add a steering wheel module no company makes that here in the U.S. Now there is a light of hope you can go to AliExpress and take a chance on those head units which say they will 100% work like this one 226.2US $ 61% OFF|TEYES SPRO Plus For Hyundai Sonata 7 LF 2014 2017 Car Radio Multimedia Video Player Navigation GPS Android 10 No 2din 2 din|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress I know because I've been looking for an aftermarket unit as well for my 2019 Sonata.
Also, look into installing this sound processor visit this site LC8i | AudioControl and it may be able to help you out. tjis is the route I'm taking since I've already upgraded to Kicker 6-3/4 2way front and back and I have a 4 channel amp. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
360 Posts
Is it defective or just want to replace it with aftermarket unit? If defective is it under warranty or extended warranty? What car you got?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
360 Posts
Found this but fits over (hides) cd player.
9 Inch HD Touch Screen for 2015 2016 2017 Hyundai sonata Android 10.0 Radio GPS Navigation with Rearview Camera Digital TV Steering Wheel Control Wifi Bluetooth Music (seicane.com)

And used one on Ebay, not sure if the your current trim will work well with "new" head unit.
Display Screen And Receiver With Navigation Fits 15 SONATA 538137 | eBay
Also wiring behind might be different, could check with local dealer parts department if it's a good dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Limited Luxury...1995 Skyline R33 GTR V-spec.
231 Posts
Go to Crutchfield website, and type in your year, make and model. They have a few that may fit your needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts